Poll: Have you been in a talent show for anything?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you been in a talent show for anything?
Yes
74 63%
I'm a pussy (no)
43 37%
Voters: 117.
Page 1 of 2
There's always threads for "WHAT DO I PLAY IN MY TALENT SHOW?!?!?!?! HELP" but i've been wondering: Have you ever been in one, whether it be a school one or for the general public? Did you play an instument or dance or sing or pull a rabbit out of your ass, etc.?

Tell of your experiences.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Mar 18, 2011,
No. I don't need a talent show to show off and prove how much better at things I am than everyone else.
PM me for newts
My high school doesn't have talent shows :/

If it did I would totally participate.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

I went to a talent show. I enjoyed it very much and was very glad to support my friends.
I've never played because I'm too self conscious about my playing and singing (although people tell me I sing/play pretty well)
POST RAWK
Last edited by crazywatermelon at Mar 18, 2011,
Quote by Colgate Total
No, because talent shows are for douchebags.

Yeah you're way above talent shows aren't you?

I plan on jamming with some buddies at my school's talent show this year. Should be a good laugh.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Yep. Played bass for a killers song. 4 notes, for 3 mins. You CAN get bored on stage :p
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
lol me and my friend won one in 8th grade. i played guitar, and he played drums. we know we did craptastic lmao, but all the super cool middle school kids thought it was amazing.
I did when I was in elementary school, but that was just one song and I was 12, so it hardly counts compared to other gigs I've done.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Degitech BP-80
MXR El Grande Bass Fuzz
Boss Bass Chorus CEB-3
DOD FX91 OD
Traynor Dynabass 200
Quote by AeroRocker
Yeah you're way above talent shows aren't you?

I plan on jamming with some buddies at my school's talent show this year. Should be a good laugh.

Yes. Problem?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I entered a talent show as part of a band. We did pretty well until we got, yknow, thrown out. It was quite obviously fixed.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Yep, two years in a row. First year was Dani California (with a band, we picked the song because we had under a week to prepare and it was easy) and we got second, next year I tried playing Cowboy Dan by Modest Mouse by myself, but I panicked and walked off stage because I hit all my pedals in the wrong order and I get stage fright as it is.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by JacobTheMe
I once reenacted an entire episode of Friends by myself.

how did you pull off jennifer anniston's tits?
Yep, did a guitar/vocal duet one year, did a couple songs with a few friends another. It was a lot of fun.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by rickyj
how did you pull off jennifer anniston's tits?

He must be Jennifer Aniston o_O
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

No. I don't need a talent show to show off and prove how much better at things I am than everyone else.

Quote by Colgate Total
No, because talent shows are for douchebags.

Since when are talent shows about being a douche and telling everybody to suck your ****? Granted, there are people who do it to show off. But what's so wrong about learning something awesome and wanting to show people?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Yeah, I was in a talent show/BOTB with my old band. We freaking destroyed. 6 bands. The first 4 sucked. My band went on and played "Waiting on the World to Change" (yeah I know), "Snow (Hey Oh)" and "Testify". Awesome. The band after us tried to be as death metal as a whole bunch of 9th graders can. B)
Quote by bradulator
Since when are talent shows about being a douche and telling everybody to suck your ****? Granted, there are people who do it to show off. But what's so wrong about learning something awesome and wanting to show people?

exactly I've entered into a few (public ones) with my band and we got quite a few calls for gigs.
Talent shows are fun. I played at one at school this morning with my band; we did a metalcore rendition of "TiK ToK" by Ke$ha. Everyone loved it. The point is just to have fun, doing a song everybody knows.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by Reisgar42
Yep, two years in a row. First year was Dani California (with a band, we picked the song because we had under a week to prepare and it was easy) and we got second, next year I tried playing Cowboy Dan by Modest Mouse by myself, but I panicked and walked off stage because I hit all my pedals in the wrong order and I get stage fright as it is.

How embarrassing/scarring was that? Honestly feel bad, I have stage fright for the first minute or so of anything I do.
I'm a talent show everywhere I go. I don't need the confines of a high-school gymnasium to exhibit my greatness.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Yeah, been there, played the second section of Octavarium (Dream Theater), and Hatesong (Porcupine Tree). Lost to some 14 year old sluts who pranced around on stage half naked.

I guess thats talent somehow?
Last edited by blitzbeast at Mar 18, 2011,
Quote by BrandonBeaux
Yeah, I was in a talent show/BOTB with my old band. We freaking destroyed. 6 bands. The first 4 sucked. My band went on and played "Waiting on the World to Change" (yeah I know), "Snow (Hey Oh)" and "Testify". Awesome. The band after us tried to be as death metal as a whole bunch of 9th graders can. B)

Calm down boy, its high school and you played covers.
Did a Dethklok song for one in 10th grade, couldn't get in playing Voice of the Spirit with a friend in 12th grade, because apparently a bunch of girls lip syncing in anime costumes is more talent. (They weren't even hot)
Recently played a Battle of the Bands, apparently we would have won had we not... Well... Had a wall of death. Got the sound cut, got disqualified, had an amazing time and everyone loved us haha
Quote by ExOblivione
Did a Dethklok song for one in 10th grade, couldn't get in playing Voice of the Spirit with a friend in 12th grade, because apparently a bunch of girls lip syncing in anime costumes is more talent. (They weren't even hot)
Recently played a Battle of the Bands, apparently we would have won had we not... Well... Had a wall of death. Got the sound cut, got disqualified, had an amazing time and everyone loved us haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFlcWW7MTLc
Here's the video of the wall of death
I did a dance with some friends when I was about 7..
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by djentdjent
How embarrassing/scarring was that? Honestly feel bad, I have stage fright for the first minute or so of anything I do.

After about a day I was laughing about it. I was kind of like 'well that's what I get for being a dumbass and trying to learn a song in four days from a vocalist I can't sing'. Thing is, everybody said the part I did do was awesome and if I'd finished it I would have won. Turned it from saddening to encouraging in an instant.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
I did one at my school when I was about 12. It was horrible, I did a terrible medley with Children of Bodom's Red Light in my Eyes P.1, Metallica's Unforgiven and Bodom's Hate Me.
I also knew nothing about guitar, my teacher asked me what tuning it was in (it was in C# for whatever reason) and I replied "one and a half steps down"
AND I forgot to grab my pick, so I had to make do without one.
And everyone else in the talent show were shitty dancers. And I came third equal.

Luckily everyone at my school was dumb enough to think I did alright.
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
You guys would be surprised how easily the common spectator is amazed by a guitarist. Depending on your skill, you could go up and just B.S. a song but look flashy and win their hearts.
I have. It was amazing purely for the adrenaline rush.

And after playing a few songs you feel as if you ran a mile.

Oh, and the audience LOVES wah-wah pedals.
Quote by ExOblivione
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFlcWW7MTLc
Here's the video of the wall of death

That kid dancing off to the side needs to get his head bashed into a locker. The fact that you got cut is pretty cool, though.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Mar 18, 2011,
Yes I've been in a talent show. I played Po from the Teletubbies.
No joke.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
I've played in school variety shows and various assemblies, but nothing were it was a competition. Always had a good time, playing well known classic rock covers or originals
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
i won a talent show in 5th grade

my friends and i did a comedy act called "Redneck Comedy"

it was a hit

the sequel we did in 6th grade completely flopped....and that was the end of my talent show days
Not only was I in a talent show - I was in your talent show. I'm you. And I am ashamed at the things you/I/we did.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Page 1 of 2