So I'm doing my first open mic night by my lonesome playing some acoustic stuff. Any advice to help calm the nerves that don't involve drinking?

EDIT: Set-list for shits and/or giggles.

Sell Out (Reel Big Fish)
It's a Wonderful Life (BoTAR)
Brown-Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
Beer (Reel Big Fish

Yea, I'm going ska-coustic tonight.
Last edited by Wrst_Plyr_Evr at Mar 18, 2011,
Picture everyone naked.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Picture everyone naked.

But don't get aroused, people will think you're crazy.

..Unless it's part of your unique act to play acoustic guitar and have a raging hard-on.
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
play Wonderwall. once you play the first few seconds, girls will start throwing their panties at you, and that should make you feel better.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Just remember that most people aren't judging you critically, so a few mistakes here and there don't matter. Good luck
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by djentdjent
Take a soothing bath to Mr. Kenny G. Man up. Fight a bear.

I'm a fan of this one, actually. Particularly the latter.

Quote by mcjosh
Just remember that most people aren't judging you critically, so a few mistakes here and there don't matter. Good luck

Thanks, man. I really appreciate it
Jokes aside, try to MAKE the situation fun. Talk to the crowd, involve them, 'try' to make a joke...depends on the demographic of course. Work out your nerves by making the situation comfortable. Or...snort a line of coke off your guitar, do a redneck type scream, play the freebird solo, smash your guitar to pieces, alert audience of an afterparty, go home with 30 women. Works 60% of the time all the time.
Rock out to Motley Crue before you go on stage!
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by Ghefly
Makes you calm but also makes you crap.

VERY debatable. Have come up with some of my more intricate pieces high as a kite.
Quote by djentdjent
Jokes aside, try to MAKE the situation fun. Talk to the crowd, involve them, 'try' to make a joke...depends on the demographic of course. Work out your nerves by making the situation comfortable. Or...snort a line of coke off your guitar, do a redneck type scream, play the freebird solo, smash your guitar to pieces, alert audience of an afterparty, go home with 30 women. Works 60% of the time all the time.

I've been working on my stage banter all week. All of the stuff I've come up with is funny to me. But I have no idea if the crowd will share my sentiments.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I've been working on my stage banter all week. All of the stuff I've come up with is funny to me. But I have no idea if the crowd will share my sentiments.

Unless you are the weirdest guy in the world, the crowd will probably think it's funny. Remember to smile and LOOK CONFIDENT. If your facial expressions are nervous and uneasy, people probably won't like it as much.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .