Hey everybody I'm looking for a metal amp (straight up 80s metal/ thrash). Which of the above would you recommend? Thanks.
6505 out of those

If you go used you can get peavey ultra/triple x combos too that could do a nice job of that.

dont buy an ma they stink

also check 311s stickyed thread and give teh detailz
Peavey 6505- Loads of mids, impossible to truly scoop, very aggressive sounding, pathetic clean channel, great crunch mode on clean channel.
Think August Burns Red, Kreator, In Flames, Trivium.
Bugera 333XL- Kind of similar sounding to a Mesa Recto. Kind of in that its got a LOT of low end. Slightly less gain than a 6505/6260. More than enough for metal. Glassy cleans. Very versatile.
Marshall MA- Turd.
I agree with above post, I have the 333xl, and I get tons of nice low end thud, love it to bits.
The peavey is also very good, you can get a good clean channel, but i'm not a huge fan of it, the 333xl seems to be more versitile, and handles metal VERY well.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
The Marshall is horrible. The 1x12 Peavey combo is mediocre IMO, although the 2x12 and head are great. The Bugera is a pretty legit amp for the price.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Ok thanks guys. I've heard some rumours that bugeras started hard soldering the circuits as opposed to using the crappy molex connectors. Any comments?
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Last edited by dtmaiden at Mar 19, 2011,
I haven't personally looked at one, but I've heard the same. Bugera's early reliability problems are supposedly fixed.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
yeah, they fixed the problem in the Bugera amps, mine works fine.
ಠ_ಠ

Brilliant. Thanks for all your help guys, bugera just sold another unit.
Quote by Cracked.com
happy to help man, you'll love it
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by classicrocker01
The Marshall is horrible. The 1x12 Peavey combo is mediocre IMO, although the 2x12 and head are great. The Bugera is a pretty legit amp for the price.

The combo is mediocre because of that damn speaker. After breaking it in it sounds ALOT better, and I bet it would sound pretty great with a speaker replacement (I haven't gotten around to replacing mine yet). Not trying to unsell you on the Bugera, they're great units, I'm just sad to hear all the hate on a good amp because of the mediocre speaker.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Last edited by Butthead at Mar 19, 2011,
Quote by coolstoryangus
6505 out of those

If you go used you can get peavey ultra/triple x combos too that could do a nice job of that.

dont buy an ma they stink

also check 311s stickyed thread and give teh detailz

the 6505 is a mid machine and wouldn't work well for that thrashy "scooped" sound.

The 333xl would be my choice of those. I love my 6262 (shameless plug coming up) here's what it sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYK72t9VRUY

watch in HD for best sound quality.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I agree with the 333XL being more versatile...but if you can try one, toss a clean boost in front of the CRUNCH channel on a 6262.....AWESOME "Kill 'em all" tone!
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by Gundamnitpete
the 6505 is a mid machine and wouldn't work well for that thrashy "scooped" sound.

The 333xl would be my choice of those. I love my 6262 (shameless plug coming up) here's what it sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYK72t9VRUY

watch in HD for best sound quality.

But bugeras have enough mid on the lead channel for a solo boost-y function, right?
Quote by Cracked.com
Roger that!
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Great. Vinson, when the amp arrives, I'm gonna have to try the clean boost trick, ya know, just to experiment.
Quote by Cracked.com