I got my new neck today and the fit is confusing to me. However, it does sit in the pocket very flush and snug. I don't yet have tuners so I can't string it yet. Anyone ever see this....

<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Is it snug on the sides but not the bottom?

edit: And btw, carvin has the best necks I have ever felt. You get SS frets?
Yea, ss frets. The neck does feel so very elegant. And it is very snug on back and sides. I am going to leave it as is. I just wish I had my tuners so I could string her

I think it might be a f*** up on Fender's part. MiM J bass 2009. Seems lately I ve been posting about the newer Fenders (MIM) and shoddy QC, this is why The overall tone should be fine. BTW my other Carvin is an awesome bass guitar. I love Carvin.

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
I wouldnt worry anout the small space on the bottom. As long as the scale length matches up them your fine.
Does it say anywhere on Carvin's site that they cut their neck ends to Fender specs?
Quote by Pikka Bird
Does it say anywhere on Carvin's site that they cut their neck ends to Fender specs?

On the phone they said direct replacment for a Fender MiM jazz. And yes they have diagrams (working drawings) that match. But their diagram did not have the radius(curvature) of the very tip of the heel(where there's a gap). I am thinking it's Fender's boo boo. However, I am going to leave it, I bolted it up yesterday and it's solid. I am just curious how it will sound.

Go ahead and measure the neck from the saddles to the nut and see if it is exactly halfway, if not, you might be out of luck.
Last edited by Knurlheim at Mar 19, 2011,
Saddle to nut 34"

Nut to 12 fret 17"

17" times 2= 34" That's how I find the scale. And she matches.

Fitting issues like that aren't uncommon. You can sand the corners of the heel down a little to get it to fit better if you want, it isn't hard to do.
Carvin says they fit in fenders. But the one I bought several years ago was a little to wide to drop into the 2 fenders I have. Doubt its fenders specs that are off.
Quote by Tackleberry
Carvin says they fit in fenders. But the one I bought several years ago was a little to wide to drop into the 2 fenders I have. Doubt its fenders specs that are off.

Which is a bit concerning after spending over $350 and waiting 4 weeks.

Quote by Tackleberry

Carvin necks are made by CNC so every one is identical.
"Fender Spec" is just a measurement. Its neither of their fault
1 inch may not equal 1 inch from another manufacturer, it may be close but usually there is some difference in both the measuring and craftsmanship of different manufacturers. I had the same problem when i built a guitar with a warmoth neck and a gfs body.
- Cody

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
What a faggot, do a few lines of cocaine and have a shot of whiskey or 5 if you want to study right