Page 1 of 2
Hey guys can anyone recommend any good, recentish horror films? I've been googling top 10 lists and such but can't really find anything that looks overly interesting or isn't older than me and I'm in the mood for something a bit newer.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I had a chat with Victor Miller a few years back (wrote the original Friday The 13th), and we got into a long discussion about horror in general. We agreed that foreign psychological horror trumps most current trends, and he actually recommended a flick to me, it's called Funny Games. It was directed by Michael Haneke, and the English (read: US) remake is a shot-for-shot remake of the original, just with Tim Roth and a different language. Damn good film.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Chris_Parker
I had a chat with Victor Miller a few years back (wrote the original Friday The 13th), and we got into a long discussion about horror in general. We agreed that foreign psychological horror trumps most current trends, and he actually recommended a flick to me, it's called Funny Games. It was directed by Michael Haneke, and the English (read: US) remake is a shot-for-shot remake of the original, just with Tim Roth and a different language. Damn good film.

The latest version of Funny Games was shit.
POST RAWK
I give you my knowledge.

Must-see:

28 Days Later
Paranormal Activity
The Descent
The Shining
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Alien
Halloween
Saw
The Thing

Avoid:

Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Shrooms
The Human Centipede
Jason X

Oddball:

Event Horizon
Final Destination
Scream
The Blair Witch Project
30 Days of Night
The Ring
I hope you're not talking about the awful drama "The Room"? I really want to see it lol, looks badly funny. I never understood what was so great about Paranormal Activity. If anything, it just left a bad taste in mein mouth...I personally prefer old school B-Grade horror though so yeah...
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Quote by crazywatermelon
The latest version of Funny Games was shit.

Compared to the original? I've only seen the "remake," but any change ought to be very subtle--just my assumption.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Amusement

While not exactly scary, there's a crapload of tense moments. Great work of gothic horror
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by Lateralus13
The Audition. Bit slow but creepy more than anything.

I love Audition. And I love Takashi Miike with all my heart. But you get to the point of Audition much more quickly with Imprint. And it's in English AND the picture is better. So my vote goes to Imprint over Audition.

...Seriously, though... you can't go wrong either way. Audition looks much much older than it actually is, though. So if TS really wants something newer, he should watch Imprint.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
2001 maniacs with robert england not really new, a wee bit corny but deff a good horror flick
the thing (favorite horror fx and visuals ever, not insomnia-inducing scary, but just extremely, graphically awesome)

videodrome (i'm hesitant to call this horror, but it's like motion sickness inducing sci fi, pretty cool )
Splinter.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Why strictly recent ones? Some of the older horror films are the best.
Call me Matthew.
1) Pandorum
2) Event Horizon
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Martyrs
Al' Interieur (Inside)
The Objective

Quote by Masshuu
Why strictly recent ones? Some of the older horror films are the best.

this
live action Minecraft movie
you will shit ur pants when a creeper appears
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-50
Boss ME-70
Dunlop GCB95(Red Fasel)
Ibanez RG8BK
PodHD300

Rest Easy Gooze

Quote by jpnyc
I once used a Jackson V to play Wildwood Flower. The ghosts of Randy Rhoads and Mother Maybelle Carter made my walls bleed for a week.
how could i be so stupid? i totally forgot Session 9. a Thriller at its finest. and Let the Right One In. Scary and touching. You know you have a good horror movie when some hollywood asshole decides to remake it. seriously dude, watch those, highly, HIGHLY recommended.
The American remake of LTROI is pretty good too.

Anime, but Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is an awesome flick as well.

Thirst is a vampire film from Korea.
All 7 Saw films. Saw II is...not that great but you need to watch that one to understand what the hell is going on in the later flms [duh].

Halloween 1,2,,4 5 and 6. H3 has nothing to do with the series

The Evil Dead. Don't watch the sequels
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
the human centipede
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
the human centipede

lolz funniest film for ages
E Family
E-Son to OldiebutNewbie
E-Brother to Andrea55
E-Brother to guitarxo
E-Uncle to Basti95
Quote by itorch
lolz funniest film for ages

and arousing
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Mors_o)))
how could i be so stupid? i totally forgot Session 9. a Thriller at its finest. and Let the Right One In. Scary and touching. You know you have a good horror movie when some hollywood asshole decides to remake it. seriously dude, watch those, highly, HIGHLY recommended.

The Hollywood asshole didn't remake a movie, he did his own interpretation of the book. And it was closer to the book. Though neither of them did even half as good of a job as I would have done.
Quote by Paroxysm
The American remake of LTROI is pretty good too.

Anime, but Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is an awesome flick as well.

Thirst is a vampire film from Korea.

I respect you. Thirst and D are amazing.

I hate that I have to be recent about my suggestions. I suggest Splice or Imprint even though everyone hated Splice because they're pussies who can't handle a few disturbing sex scenes. Fans of David Cronenberg will approve.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Mar 19, 2011,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
The Hollywood asshole didn't remake a movie, he did his own interpretation of the book. And it was closer to the book. Though neither of them did even half as good of a job as I would have done.

fair nuff, didn't think of it that way. i stand corrected. still i personally liked the swedish one better.
Quote by Mors_o)))
fair nuff, didn't think of it that way. i stand corrected. still i personally liked the swedish one better.

I don't really like either one because they both took out the bad guy and the pedophilia and entirely too many characters. Basically the story isn't just about two kids. It's about two kids going up against a pedophile. That's the story. It's like if they made Lord of the Rings and took out all the orcs, the elves, the ring, and Sauron. But the American one was more accurate to the characters. So I dislike that one less. You should read the book. It's great. Let Me In was super accurate until close to the end.
Quote by vintage x metal

Page 1 of 2