Hey Pit,
I noticed I listen to Blues and Folk more than anything else now and days,
Mostly because I have been around it forever ( living in the south, that tends to happen.) and it's the first thing I learned.

So I'm curious as to what you guys listen to more and why you have a strong connection to it.
Quote by strat0blaster
Life is like a box of.... like a bowl of cher.... What you make....

Rainbows are fantastic? I don't know what metaphor to use here...

Quote by A bear
Most species frown upon eating humans.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I listen to Horsedick.MPEG
Oh really?
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by A bear
I'm a huge Foo Fighters and Alter Bridge fan, but lately I've listened to a TON of Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson. They both just sorta connect with me right now, and I'm trying to learn the basics of writing industrial rock. So far, so good.
i listen to alot of pop-punk because its fairly agressive. i used to listen to alot of classic rock because my dad listened to it but when he left...yeah but i listen to pretty much what my friends listen to.
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
rock/ metal. i go into playing because i though metal was badass so naturally i love it. i know it's not for everyone though.
My sig? Nice.
deathmetal cause Metalocalypse is a great show.

but Jimi cause that was my first album and the first song i learned to play was purple haze.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I listen to Horsedick.MPEG

^this.

too bad u dont have a dick if ur really horsedick.MPEG tho
rock-metal, that ranges anywhere from queen to behemoth, i like other stuff to, especially classical, the only genre of music i don't like is country, i hate country with a passion
I'm really into OFWGKTA at the moment. And the thing is, I hate rap.
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
blues,rock,bluesrock,jazz,classical,metal

i like to listen things that are bad ass and fun to play

i dont really dislike any genres i enjoy some dance music but some of it is very annoying
Last edited by supersac at Mar 18, 2011,
Used to be a lot into metal and modern rock, but I've lately been more into instrumentals and fusion. Fusion not so much, but I've just discovered Shawn Lane and Greg Howe.

As for instrumentals, been listening to a lot of John Petrucci's solo album and Steve Vai's stuff.
Quote by maowcat
rock-metal, that ranges anywhere from queen to behemoth, i like other stuff to, especially classical, the only genre of music i don't like is country, i hate country with a passion

"Hi, I like all kinds of music. Rock music to be specific. But ALL kinds of rock music, anything from a pop band that everyone likes to a underground metal band that nobody likes but some kids like to pretend that they do. But don't be fooled, I like pretending to listen to classical too.

But don't get me started on country. I put too much effort into disliking than necessary, although after a small conversation you could tell that i've never actually tried listening to it by myself.

-maowcat"

Yes, I am cranky today. But lets face it the only thing that could have made this post more annoying was if he said that he didn't like "rap or hip-hop" either.

Edit:

Quote by Cyngus
everything but pop, country rap and R&B

I can't complain about this enough.
Last edited by JacobTheMe at Mar 18, 2011,
I'm not happy unless whatever I'm listening to uses a ton of echoes and ring modulator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIuc1_Qg4A8
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by JacobTheMe
"Hi, I like all kinds of music. Rock music to be specific. But ALL kinds of rock music, anything from a pop band that everyone likes to a underground metal band that nobody likes but some kids like to pretend that they do. But don't be fooled, I like pretending to listen to classical too.

But don't get me started on country. I put too much effort into disliking than necessary, although after a small conversation you could tell that i've never actually tried listening to it by myself.

-maowcat"

Yes, I am cranky today. But lets face it the only thing that could have made this post more annoying was if he said that he didn't like "rap or hip-hop" either.

Edit:

I can't complain about this enough.
I fail to see reason in complaining about people complaining.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by A bear
Quote by Apeshxt
I fail to see reason in complaining about people complaining.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!