Page 1 of 2
What are some music related memes or idioms you can think of?

All I can think of is the ever popular "Up to 11/these go to 11"
It sounds like what you need is a new amp
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by Naturalchampion

Your new amp will go to 11, with brootal overdrive.
Quote by RU Experienced? , bass-man9712

Quote by DecaPodge
I love you.
Quote by Naturalchampion

Off the top of my head...Justin Bieber is good music.

Naw. Don't hate him at all. Just don't like his music.
Last edited by triface at Mar 18, 2011,
Quote by HorizonShadow
Your new amp will go to 11, with brootal overdrive.

It has to be 'CRUSHING OVERDRIVE" geez

Also, I think it might need to be a stereo amp
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
i cum blood
RIP Dime

And there are Advice Dog spinoffs like Musically Oblivious 8th Grader.
And a 4pane comic exploitable called "today I will listen to some _____"
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Mar 18, 2011,
Quote by i_lovemetallica
It has to be 'CRUSHING OVERDRIVE" geez

Also, I think it might need to be a stereo amp

But you need CRUSHING OVERDRIVE to play teh BROOTALZ.

Quote by DecaPodge
I love you.
No you shouldn't, you will get tired of it, Spider IV's still aren't any better, get a refund.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Quote by HorizonShadow
But you need CRUSHING OVERDRIVE to play teh BROOTALZ.

Who cares, I can Whammy without a Whammy bar
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Who cares, I can Whammy without a Whammy bar

Best kid ever.

Quote by DecaPodge
I love you.
Quote by HorizonShadow

Best kid ever.

Because having a Whammy Bar adds, I dunno, about $20 to the cost of a guitar and all that
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Could someone explain to me the "what you need is a new amp" thing? I remember one night I got on the Pit and everyone was saying that.
Quote by mishax92
*Mastodon comic*

Best thing I've seen in so long.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by due 07
Could someone explain to me the "what you need is a new amp" thing? I remember one night I got on the Pit and everyone was saying that.

It popped up around Christmas last year, I cant remember how it started though
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by due 07

Just get a new amp, you'll figure it out yourself.

Quote by DecaPodge
I love you.
Quote by HorizonShadow

Best kid ever.

I remember when that first hit the Pit.

God, what a glorious day
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Chris_Parker
I remember when that first hit the Pit.

God, what a glorious day

I missed that
Info?
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Wasn't there a "Musically Ignorant Teenager" or something a while ago?
Quote by DecaPodge
I missed that
Info?

You wouldnt have been on UG when it happened.....just youtube 'whammy without a whammy bar'
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by due 07

I think it came from a thread there was about Guitar Center employees and their constant belligerent need to sell Spider IV amps to you whenever you ask them a question whatever it may be. It's either that or from people with sh*t amps asking for advice on spending lots of money on guitars searching for better tone.
Quote by DecaPodge
I missed that
Info?

I forget if it was the OP or someone who just found it, but this video years ago of this chubby kid

Quote by twist of fate

giving an instructional video of how to "whammy without a whammy bar."

He basically showed the Internet how to bend a note on his Lyon guitar. After a ridiculously long "intro" zooming in and around his guitar on a stand to Van Halen, I think it was. The tutorial started after the ENTIRE song was over.

He was saying you don't see Slash, or Buckethead ("Yeah, that's right--the guy with the Chucky mask and the KFC box on his head?") using a whammy bar, and this is how they did it.

He framed it like this secret, godlike technique, and then the Pit jumped on the poor kid like the pack of pricks they are and the kid deleted his account and the video. Of course, the video got saved and has been circulating since.

Here you go.

EDIT: Obviously not the original, and the intro is cut down significantly.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Mar 18, 2011,
Thanks for that.
And yeah I hadn't registered yet hehe.

- after watching - hahaaha. he is talking like many of the instructional videos i've seen on youtube too.. poor kid.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Last edited by DecaPodge at Mar 18, 2011,
Well, there's THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
or FRANTIC TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK !!!!!!!
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
I'll just pat myself on the back

Yeah, good times in the Pit...
Quote by Pauldapro
Quote by i_lovemetallica
or FRANTIC TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK !!!!!!!

or GIMME FUE GIMME FAIH GIMME DABUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABBUJABUZABAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

I wish that 'Killswitch without a killswitch" had gotten more attention.

Back in the noob days I asked whether to get a Marshall MG or a Spider IV. I got warned so much, but I am now the proud owner of a Spider IV!

I need a new amp.
Quote by LesPaulGuy514
I wish that 'Killswitch without a killswitch" had gotten more attention.

Back in the noob days I asked whether to get a Marshall MG or a Spider IV. I got warned so much, but I am now the proud owner of a Spider IV!

I need a new amp.

What you need is a new amp.......

Oh....right
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
What you need is a new amp.......

Oh....right

I'm thinking about going to Guitar Center and buying a new B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock and a Marshall MG. That's an upgrade, right?
Quote by LesPaulGuy514
I'm thinking about going to Guitar Center and buying a new B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock and a Marshall MG. That's an upgrade, right?

As long as it has Crushing Overdrive.....and no whammy bar
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
The " newamp thing" came about because in EG and GG&A, people would be coming in wondering "if I buy these pickups will I soundz liek the slash??" And we would tell them the truth, that what they really need is a new amp. There were hundreds of threads like this, and somehow it migrated to the Pit.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
The " newamp thing" came about because in EG and GG&A, people would be coming in wondering "if I buy these pickups will I soundz liek the slash??" And we would tell them the truth, that what they really need is a new amp. There were hundreds of threads like this, and somehow it migrated to the Pit.

I did the Slash thing, except I said the the GC guy: " i knowz that slash usez teh marshalls, is teh MG goodz?"

Looking back, I've learned much, in less than a year. My early threads were horrible.
Page 1 of 2