I have been playing for 2 years and I want to buy a new electric guitar (currently playing on an excuse for an electric) and I'm looking at the current Fender Stratocasters, as many of my musical influences have played on it and I like the sound. I'm just kinda curious on some general knowledge about the current models compared to past models? I don't know too much when it comes to specifics, so any other things I might want to know before shelling out $500 for a guitar would be insightful. Thanks!
for $500 i assume that your talking about the mexi standard. there are pretty good ones but you really need to try alot out to get a really good one.
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
The few ive played have all been really solid. But as stated above, test a few out to get a better one
i think their pretty good guitars
try some out though as have been mentioned before
The quality of Mexican made Fenders has really increased in recent years. They're most usually a solid bet.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I have a MIM Tele and Strat. Both are really good guitars. I have mine modded up pretty good, but they are decent right out of the box. Only part I find that needs to go ASAP with the MIM's is the nut. Both of mine had crap nut's. But that is a cheap and easy fix.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
I've couple of MIM strats they're great but you need to try them out before buying since some are absolute crap.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I have a MiM strat but it's got some mods. New...

Pickups
Nut
Bridge
Locking Tuners

I would definitely suggest Locking tuners and a new nut. Those helped a lot. But right outta the box it sounded fine to me, I've just had it for 2 years now
Where Waldo?

Tricky...
If you look used, you might be able to find some older ones, the newer ones are good, but it doesn't hurt to get an older one...I got my 97' American standard in perfect condition for $600....It was new old stock as well
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
The ones I've tried have been solid. The MIM Standards are still budget guitars, but damn good ones. As always, try a couple of them if it's possible - this applies to most guitars and is really only common sense.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
go for a used american strat if possible, but the MiM stuff is pretty good, i bought a new MiM tele direct from the factory in august and it arrived perfectly, and i havent changed anything on it yet
Save up for an USA American Standard Strat is what I did.
I don't regret it.

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.