My brother (bass) and I (guitar) performing a jam based off of the red hot chili peppers la cigale performance of this song. I adapted some parts to the original more than others but none if it i really sat down and picked out note for note. We both just enjoying jamming on this song a lot so we decided we should actually record it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxA8eKNXCvg&feature=channel_video_title

Most of the solo is improv (except for a couple licks from other rhcp songs thrown in as little easter eggs for the discerning ear), so ill be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the composition of it.

Critiques on any part of it will be greatly appreciated, and as always c4c
Lol I like it. For that being improv it was really nice. The only thing that seemed out of place to me was the opening guitar, it seemed that it wasn't the right key, the scale you were playing. Maybe it was the effect that was throwing me off. Everything else was nice though. Excellent job. :]
Which part? the volume swells or the arpeggiated section after it? If its the later then yeah there are some dissonant notes in there but i personally like the feel it gives it
Quote by jmako
Which part? the volume swells or the arpeggiated section after it? If its the later then yeah there are some dissonant notes in there but i personally like the feel it gives it

It was definitely near the end right before the first break. Around :40.
i think i know the part you mean. the bass is playing a G power chord and i start out with a G chord but play around with some notes in there so the first time it ends up being hinting at an F dim chord and the second time right before the break i pick out a G# diminished chord. both sound dissonant over the G maj, but i actually really like how unstable it sounds right before the resolve. it makes the exit of the intro more powerful in my opinion.
love the bass line
the tone of the guitar is a bit wierd though
anyway. nice improvisation, keep up the good work
The volume swells sounded nice, and I like the bass parts. Is it me or some of the guitar parts in the beginning sounded a bit off? Other than that the rest of the sounded nice to me!
the other guitar parts as in the ones besides the volume swells in the intro? if you mean off in general then its probably because of what i was saying about the diminished chords, but if you meant it was off compared to the original then its just because i took the basic structure and jammed around it without comparing it back to the original too much so it would have a little me in it and not just be a carbon copy