Im in the market for a new guitar and looking for the Les Paul style body. I play hardcore/post hardcore stuff so if you guys have any other suggestions feel free. I have a budget of like $450.

Here are 3 I've looked at so far.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ART2EX1-Electric-Guitar?sku=581829

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000prestthincsbf.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000tblueno.html

I already have the old ART300 model and love the new look of the silver burst, and also have a Agile 3000 in white which im selling.
Last edited by BTS412 at Mar 19, 2011,
epiphone prophecy. I dont know how that is american but its 1500 nz
its soooooo sick
i got it about 2 months ago
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
You already have the guitars you posted and are selling them only to get a new color? Seems very counter productive and expensive.

You might want to consider finding a used Epiphone or singlecut PRS.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I'd go used. IMO, if your budget is anything under ~8/900, used is definitely the way to go.

For hardcore, you don't really need great tone as the immense amounts of distortion kind of covers it up (I do have very limited exposure to hardcore though, so it could be only for the stuff I've listened to). I'd go with a used PRS SE. Either the Tremonti or the Singlecut.
A PRS SE singlecut plays & sounds great. The pick ups are excellent for a $600 guitar. Very clean & articulate. You can buy it cheaper if you go used. Also for $500 you can pick up a Michael Kelly Patriot Custom or Glory with Rockfield pick ups new. Very similar tone to a Gibson Les Paul, just a little thinner & cleaner sounding and has coil tap for more versatility. By adding a little additional bass, mids & hi's on your amp, you can get it to sound almost exactly like a Gibson LP (I have a '93 Gib Studio with 490/498 pick ups which is the same p/s used in the LP Custom). They also have great necks which are slim & fast and you can get a very low action. Just make sure you get the Patriot series made in Korea. They have a cheaper line made in China.
Another thing to consider, although Michael Kelly is not well known, everyone who owns one says they are much better than Epiphone.
Check out some of ESP's LTD models. They have some within your price range that are prefect for what you're looking for, especially their Distressed series.
Quote by JustRooster
You already have the guitars you posted and are selling them only to get a new color? Seems very counter productive and expensive.

You might want to consider finding a used Epiphone or singlecut PRS.

Yeah dude why get rid of the guitars you have to replace them with the same models in a new color? Me no get
Quote by Tyler.Allain
Yeah dude why get rid of the guitars you have to replace them with the same models in a new color? Me no get

Well I sold the Agile because I had some idiot offer me more for what I paid for it, so that was a no brainer. And I've just gotten board of my Ibanez ART I thought the finish was unique and cool at first but now it seems just plain boring and ugly. Plus I wouldnt mind having another new toy to play with