I am planing on building a road case for my Egnater head and rack effects. Has anyone tackled a build like this before? Or does anyone know where to find some plans I could base my project off of? Any help would be appreciated.
I've made a guitar case before what are you wanting to make it out of? and theres a pedalboard building thread in the gb&c in the essentials thread, that might help too.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
Quote by grungebaby
I've made a guitar case before what are you wanting to make it out of? and theres a pedalboard building thread in the gb&c in the essentials thread, that might help too.

I doubt the Pedalboard Building thread will help at all. TwoString(Creator of the Pedalboard Building thread) doesn't go on UG much anymore. I've been considering making a new pedalboard thread, as I have made multiple pedalboards over the years. I've finally made one that is the perfect design for me, which is going to stick and it looks sexy.

TS,
I reccomend you don't follow any pre-made plans for your rack, just examine them and see how they're built. Then customize yours to your liking.
I reccomend you build a model of your planned Road Case in Google Sketchup before building so you know everything will work.
When it warms up a little bit and I clean my workshop(There's stuff strewn everywhere) I'm most likely going to make a Rack for PA Amps.

You should take this question to GB&C. You'll get much more responses there, and that's where the people who are good with wood reside.

What do you plan for the finish on this?
Paint or Tolex?
If it's just a flight case, I reccomend using Truck Bed Liner. It's relatively cheap and doesn't take damage easily.
You'll also want the metal corners and edges as well.
Remember, Flight Cases are meant to be able to "fly" A good flight case should be able to take a lot of abuse with whatever's inside being completely safe.
..I was watching my death.
You're going to need a rivet gun of some sort. The cheap hand-press ones are really cheap, but anything above that will get expensive (and relatively more efficient). Also, get a lot of foam. You need to consider the price of buying each individual part - rails, corners, rivets, foam, plywood,etc. - and compare it to how much a custom made professional one would cost. It might end up being more expensive to make it yourself.
Quote by polishedbullet
You're going to need a rivet gun of some sort. The cheap hand-press ones are really cheap, but anything above that will get expensive (and relatively more efficient). Also, get a lot of foam. You need to consider the price of buying each individual part - rails, corners, rivets, foam, plywood,etc. - and compare it to how much a custom made professional one would cost. It might end up being more expensive to make it yourself.

++

If you make it really nice, you don't save a ton of money by doing it yourself, unless you already have all the tools and some of the material. Aluminum rails are expensive, nice plywood isn't cheap, and the proper tools and hardware will set you back.
/rig