Ok so i remember seeing a movie when I was really young and I need help remembering the name. I can't remember anything about the movie except for one scene and it is driving me crazy.

The scene takes place in what looks like what I would imagine Italy looking like during the renaissance, in terms of architecture (although obviously I am just using this as a reference). I do know that the movie took place in the past, possibly in an alternate timeline.

an adult man walked into a room and I remember things hanging from the walls, which could either be a large window with curtains or possibly even behind a curtain on a stage. The room looked disheveled like it was under construction or maybe, in the event that it was a stage as suggested earlier, there could have been various scaffolding and props laying around that would be appropriate for the backstage area of a theater.

Anyway, he entered the room, and there was a gigantic, black, vaguely humanoid bird creature hunched over a dead body. The creature was taller than the man, had black, greasy feathers, and had hollow eyes, with a large black beak. Actually, a good way to describe what I remember it looking like would be to say that it looked like a dead crow that you would see on the side of the road -- how it was bird-like, but it's form was very distorted, and how a good portion of it's feathers were either missing, or desperately clutching to it's body as it's form decayed. The creature moved hunched over, like a vulture, yet it was still tall enough to meet eye to eye with the man.

I remember there being something about a glowing green fruit, and there is a good chance that it was given to the man by the creature, before it left.

I can't remember how the scene ended...I think the creature flew out an open window, or off a balcony, or something. Or maybe it died in the scene...

All I know is that the green fruit mentioned earlier was significant.

ETID

it is possible that the room was a bedroom.

Also, I am not entirely sure because I was REALLY young when i saw the movie so my understanding of it may be a little off, but I am not sure that the creature was evil.

I want to say that the green fruit was a form of medicine... but like I said, this may not be entirely accurate since I was so young when I saw it.

EDIT

OH I should also mention that the bird creature looked like some sort of very elaborate puppet, kind of like something you would see in The Dark Crystal.

It wasn't The Dark Crystal though; the man that I mentioned was human, and the city seemed like one that could have existed here.
Last edited by superunknown at Mar 20, 2011,
You are 20 years old now, how young were you when watching this movie?
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
I'm not sure of the specific age, but it would have been early 90's

I would say most likely before 1995, although it may have been a little after, but definitely not too much later than that.
I'm searching some databases, but nothing so far.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
The Princess Bride ?
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
The Princess Bride ?

definitely not haha.

as far as I know there were never any giant decaying vulture-men in the princess bride.
no definitely not.

OH I should mention that the bird creature looked like some sort of very elaborate puppet, kind of like something you would see in The Dark Crystal.

It wasn't The Dark Crystal though; the man that I mentioned was human, and the city seemed like one that could have existed here.