I'm still kinda new at guitar and I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem? My Low E string has recently started rattling when I play it. The best way to describe i I guess is that the vibrations make it sound like something is kinda loose? Do I just need to restring my guitar or could something worse be going on with it? I have an Ibanez acoustic/electric that I'm playing on right now. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks
There are two wolves fighting in every man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate. Whichever one you feed the most will win the battle.
Is it tuned to standard pitch?
Is it doing it when it's open or just when you fret at certain strings?
Is the action pretty high? (are the strings quite high off the frets or quite close to the frets?)
Does the string stop buzzing when you fret the string at any point?
Try to listen for where you think it might be buzzing (check any bits that might be attached to the guitar - screws for a guitar strap, screws holding the plug in, the tuning heads etc try putting your finger on those kinds of things and see if it still buzzes.
Is there anything in the guitar a little piece of something?
Are there any visible flaws in the string itself?
Look at where the string comes in contact with the guitar - the nut and the bridge and make sure they aren't loose?
There are many things it could be some are an easy fix some aren't. If you're unsure take it to a guitar shop or a luthier and get them to have a look at it and give you some advice.

It's not really something that can be diagnosed over the internet anyway.
Si
Thanks for all the input... I will check on those things tomorrow when I'm more awake
There are two wolves fighting in every man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate. Whichever one you feed the most will win the battle.
Probably need to raise the action slightly
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User