I have just downloaded some free distortion sounds to try out on reaper, but they come as a dll file.

how do i use them?

thanks

Edit: sorted that out now, but when i export the song i made it plays it clean. How do i export it with fx on?
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
Last edited by avenge the rage at Mar 19, 2011,
just copy the dll file to the plugin folder of reaper and then just open the plugin from reaper.
cool ye i got that now, just me being a tit, ha ha. how do i change the speed of the metronome?
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
You change metronome speed by changing the tempo at the ( I think ) bottom right. Should be a number in a box down there ( IIRC it's 120 to default ). I only have about 3 hours of experience in reaper, but I'm almost positive that's where it's at.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
there is no box at the bottom right on mine :s
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
You change the tempo by clicking at the point in the track where you want to change it (very beginning in this case I guess) and click Insert > Time Signature.
Here's the box I'm talking about...

That should change the temp of the whole song.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

And so it goes
Oh yep i see it now, i was looking right at the bottom.

Thanks guys.

Just one more thing, i have drums from hell, but i cant work out how to make my own drum parts, like i want the kick different to how the patches are.
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
are you talking about EZ Drummer?

If so, I was playing around with it last night and found out how to edit the midi. I was just trying to get an idea of how to arrange things, so I imported a midi file from guitar pro. Once you have the midi tracks in reaper you have to click the little FX button on the track control window (right above the panning slider), and insert the EZ Drummer VST to that track.

Now that that's done, you can double click the track in the sound graph window, and it will open the midi editor. There's a piano roll on the left side so you can hear all the different sounds for the kit you have loaded in that track. You'll see little colored squares in the window to the right of the piano roll. Those are the active midi notes, and the colored graph looking deal at the bottom is the velocity slider. Click and drag on any box to change the duration or velocity of the note. selecting a note and hitting delete will delete that note. So find a drum sound you prefer, or just change the velocity, drop it in the same time slot in the song, and delete the originals. There may be a faster way to do it, since selecting every kick drum hit for an entire song will get old fast. But I don't have enough time using reaper yet. I'm still a noob myself lol.
Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes
Ye its ez drummer. I'm not sure how you put the MIDI thing in as I don't have guitar pro.
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals: