Page 1 of 2
Sup guys, I have a big show coming up. Probably playing for about 2000 people & I'm trying to find some more creative guitar moves to do onstage.
Already do guitar flips, slides, power stance blah blah and I probably won't smash my guitar lol
What have you guys got?
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Set it on fire and play it with your teeth.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by CodeMonk
wear a sock. And only a sock.

And only on your left foot.

For real though, how about just playing instead of showing off? I know I'd rather see someone just standing in one spot but playing well than someone showing off and screwing up.
Quote by littlephil
For real though, how about just playing instead of showing off? I know I'd rather see someone just standing in one spot but playing well than someone showing off and screwing up.

^That
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2YKzsyi14k&t=4m50s

You see this beast pulling off any 'guitar moves'?

EDIT:Now that I think of it, the players that try to be overly showy tend to screw up MUCH more. I'm thinking guitarists like Alexi Laiho.
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
Last edited by Kriegherz at Mar 19, 2011,
Quote by littlephil

Whose to say I'll screw it up?
This is not about personal opinion whether you think you should or shouldn't do guitar moves.
If you have them, post them.

UG Awards
Quote by littlephil

yeah but you/we are guitarist/musicians and we get off on people playin really well. People who arent want a good show and to be entertained.

TS - jump off amp stacks
Quote by seeneyj
Whose to say I'll screw it up?
This is not about personal opinion whether you think you should or shouldn't do guitar moves.
If you have them, post them.

I didn't say you would screw up, but if you're concentrating more on putting on a show than you are on your playing, chances are you won't be playing as well as you can.

If you really want to give them a night to remember, you could do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnl6QHd-G28
Quote by littlephil

What a snorefest.
Spin it around you neck but make sure you have strap locks.

I wish I did when I tried it first :/
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Perform a sexual act with your bassist on stage.

BRO that is such a good idea considering the bassist is a hot chick.

UG Awards
Don't agree with the whole no move = better playing, a good show isn't just about the sound... alright it's gotta be good but the second factor is crowd involvement.

If your doing something that affects the song... don't do it anymore... other then that
go maddd ;D

I play behind my head during some solo's, played with guitar behind my back once too for a really easy song just during a easy bit. You know yourself from your set list which songs you find have some boring/easy bits that you can do stuff in.

deffinately go to edge of stage and kneel into them. Keep guitar just out of their reach to avoid problems... but i find it generally hypes everyone up.

I took my guitar off before and played it like a double bass for an open string intro one time. That was pretty fun to do.

Deffinately johnny b goode style hop, you know where you scoot backwards for a bit while semi crouched playing a solo.

Facial expression.. don't over do it... too much and people just think your an asshole.... or having an orgasm from the pure awesome your roaring out ;D.
Lepracauns Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
get some of those bullshit Paper Jams amp and put them on stage. no one will really notice, and they only cost like 20 USD. then smash them to bits onstage. people will be like "the ****?!" yes, with a ****ing interrobang.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by pitobodies
get some of those bullshit Paper Jams amp and put them on stage. no one will really notice, and they only cost like 20 USD. then smash them to bits onstage. people will be like "the ****?!" yes, with a ****ing interrobang.

THIS
Dead bull with the life from the low
I'll be massive conquistador
Give me soul and show me the door
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: Mengsk
MAL
I hate people who do all the cliché guitar moves. They look like idiots to be quite honest with ya.

So unless you wanted to come across as a retard then I suggest you keep it basic and concentrate on the music.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
I hate people who do all the cliché guitar moves. They look like idiots to be quite honest with ya.

So unless you wanted to come across as a retard then I suggest you keep it basic and concentrate on the music.

I've never seen anyone do a guitar flip at a local show.

Hey, TS, the guitar flip is classic, but timed right, it's awesome. I used it from time to time, and my last two bands played Indie and Country. Seriously.

To everyone else, just because he does guitar moves doesn't make is playing better. If your beloved John Petrucci did guitar flips would he all of a sudden lose dexterity? No. The guy wants to put on a bit of a show and was asking for a few different moves, not to hear people bitch about how they don't like using them.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
People who go see shows want a SHOW. You shouldn't compromise your playing much but if they wanted to see some guys standing still and playing the music perfectly they'd watch a picture while listening to your MP3s. As Kurt Cobain said: "Here we are now, entertain us."
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
Quote by Silveroon009
People who go see shows want a SHOW. You shouldn't compromise your playing much but if they wanted to see some guys standing still and playing the music perfectly they'd watch a picture while listening to your MP3s. As Kurt Cobain said: "Here we are now, entertain us."

No. I like going to shows and seeing the guitarists/bassist not act like douches and just play. I go to hear their live music, I didnt pay to see the circus.
pinga
Quote by seeneyj
Sup guys, I have a big show coming up. Probably playing for about 20 people & I'm trying to find some more ways to show off onstage.
Already tried guitar flips, slides, power stance blah blah and smashed my guitar lol
What have you guys got?

Fixed.
Just do powerslides continuously FOR THE WHOLE SHOW.

You'll get so many bitches on your peen you'll have to rent another peen.

EDIT:
Or this
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Last edited by sjones at Mar 19, 2011,
Just strum open strings, set your instruments in front of your amps to create a massive and uncontrollable wall of feedback...

..then start fucking each other unrelentlessly until someones asshole is destroyed.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Flick your pick up, use your guitar's body to hit it back up in the air as it falls, catch it and keep playing in (hopefully) one movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0MBsm_hIM jump to about 0.24 to see the trick.

Quite simple but I always think it's just something quite cool to wacth when done properly
If you're reading this, then chances are you're procrastinating too
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?

THIS! Oh my god this!

But yeah, as a general rule, sound and technique is more important than looking cool, but looking cool does help. Just do whatever feels good to you man, throw your guitar around you when you do 'big-notes', rock it around a bit!

But for god's sake, don't. now i mean DON'T get your band doing the simultaneous forward-backward headbang on a breakdown. It looks horrible and cheesy beyond believe. I saw a band do it when i was walking past a pub and just started laughing because i thought they looked like that crabcore band who i can never remember the name of.

Also: Crabcore.
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
Quote by Kensai
Set it on fire and play it with your teeth.

Set your teeth on fire and play it.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Page 1 of 2