I know alot of you guys are music writers and I've been wondering. How do you guys come up with creative strumming patterns?
Simple. You have something cool in your head playing, you take your guitar and you strum that way. I don't understand what else there could be to it?
I don't know. I guess I've heard too much mainstream music to be creative anymore.
Quote by AussiePage
I don't know. I guess I've heard too much mainstream music to be creative anymore.

That's the usual diagnosis for hipsters.
Haha. What I mean is, I've been listening to mainstream rock mu much, whenever I try to thing of cool chord progressions or strumming patterns, it always ends up being eerily simmilar to a song I already know, or just terrible.
I just strum however I feel. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I've never really liked to follow a strumming pattern unless I'm playing in an ensemble.
I take the beat measure, example 4/4 = 4x4=16 divide by holy number = 7 in this case i would like to cut my holy number in half so 3.5 = roughly 4 times i will do a down strum on each chord and .571428 i will do a upward strum on almost 4 strings barely picking that 4th string.

If i wana get even more creative i will take the amount of chords multiply by 9 and of course divide by holy number again. which is in increments of 7.

i hope this helps