well my band's bassist has the 100 watt version, it doesn't sound exactly brilliant, there are better amps out there for that kinda price, but it's alright
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
150W RMS if you're lucky.

More like 80 probably

They're awful.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
It's Behringer. You can bet your testicles that it's not 300 RMS watts, but that they've quoted peak wattage instead. It'll be closer to 100 watts or thereabouts. Even if it is 300 watts, what good are 300 watts when they're going into an amp that's died after a week of usage?
i had a 180w version and it was as loud as my friends 60w fender rumble. Im guessing that would be about 100w. Good features for the price but the overall sound just isn't great.
My Gear:

Fretless Squier P Bass
Ibanez SR400QM
Gallien Krueger 1001RB
Traynor TC410
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD-7
What was that quote I heard when I first joined about Behringer's bass amps.

Went something like:

"Behringer amps are like an Elephant ejaculating in your ear; you have no idea what just happened, but it sure as hell wasn't pleasant."
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
-cue the glorious music-

You sir have found a diamond. I have that EXACT same amp, and I love it. Ive been using it for almost a year, and I really dont know what people are on about it not lasting for more than a week or it sounded like an elephant nutting in your ear. For the price, its pretty good, it does everything I really want it to do.

The graphic EQ serves me well, I get all the tones I want to get out of it (I play anything from jazz to funk to deathcore). As for the wattage, I dont know if it busts out the full 300W, but its loud. I can play with 2 guitarists and a drummer and a vocalist and I can hear it just fine. I'd buy it.
pinga
I would try it out. That is always best.

Beringer is a popular company. You should be able
to find one in a store somewhere.

This is a funny thread.

I've heard all the bad poop on Beringer, but when I
found the Behringer Bass V-AMP Pro,

I stopped listening to the poop, and started listening
to the music,

Tabdog
Quote by Cb4rabid
*fanboyism*

If I were a mod I would seriously tell you to stop giving out stupid advice. With threats of warnings. No joke. On other forums you could be banned for giving out advice that is as ill-informed and one-sided as that.

Yes, you have one. Yes, you like yours. No, they're not good.

I know you're trying to prove a point and live up to your Behringer-loving reputation but all you are going to do is make people who listen to you lose money.

They have quality control issues everywhere and, even when they are working, they don't sound good.

Also stop referring to it as a 300W amp, it isn't.

And to the guy just above me:

Looking at a brand's top of the range equipment and saying it's amazing (I don't know if it is, I've never tried one or known anyone who has) means nothing when what we're talking about is almost rock bottom of the range.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Last edited by gilly_90 at Mar 19, 2011,
Quote by gilly_90
*hatehatehatehatehate*

Apple rates their ipods as 10gb, 20gb, 60gb etc, but they never truely hold that much music. Every company does this in one way or another. Stop pretending like your brand is better than mine. Every company lies about something, it just so happens that Behringer (apparently) lies about their power rating, which I HONESTLY can't account for.

You would really warn me for giving out an honest opinion about a brand that I like? You sound like a brand nazi man, why is it hard to comprehend that there are brands out there besides Ampeg, Mesa, Orange and all of those other popular ones that are good as well? I dont always have to spend a crapton of money to get something that works well, and in my experience, Behringer works well.

+ I love how you call my point one-sided when clearly yours is completely one sided as well.
pinga
I don't give a shit about Apple, they don't make bass amps.

The difference between me being one-sided and you doing so is that I'm calling you out on it while you are giving someone advice. Big difference.

I'm not brand snobbing, I'm not saying 'my brand is better than yours', I don't even 'have' a brand. I'm saying you can tell them that you have one and like it, but don't pretend they don't have reliability issues. And don't pretend they're as good as actual 300W amps from pretty much any other brand.

They're not all going to break, but none are particularily well made and none are any where near the value for money that they seem on paper.

You want a brand that you don't need to spend a crapton on to get a useable amp? Go with Acoustic.

What I would do to get a giggable amp as cheaply as possible is I would get a used Hartke HA series that are going for almost nothing used on the Guitar Centre website.

Behringer aren't the answer to everything. They're barely the answer to anything.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Ive played on that amp before and i works fine but didnt exactly have the clarity i like. I have a behringer half stack and i love that thing. Although i do have aluminum cone speakers and i believe thats the main reason for the good clarity. For the money they are not bad. You can easily find an amp with better sound but ive put mine through hell and its very reliable.
Quote by gilly_90
I don't give a shit about Apple, they don't make bass amps.

It was an example that every company lies.

The difference between me being one-sided and you doing so is that I'm calling you out on it while you are giving someone advice. Big difference.

Im giving somebody advice from MY experience.

I'm not brand snobbing, I'm not saying 'my brand is better than yours', I don't even 'have' a brand. I'm saying you can tell them that you have one and like it, but don't pretend they don't have reliability issues. And don't pretend they're as good as actual 300W amps from pretty much any other brand.

You pretty much are. How am i pretending they dont have reliability issues? Hell, I dont know if they really do, you know why? Because MY amp has never done anything to fail me. So what, im supposed to tell everybody of their supposed reliability issues without ever experiencing it myself? And what would THAT say about me?

They're not all going to break, but none are particularily well made and none are any where near the value for money that they seem on paper.

Because you've played every single Behringer amp out there.

You want a brand that you don't need to spend a crapton on to get a useable amp? Go with Acoustic.

What I would do to get a giggable amp as cheaply as possible is I would get a used Hartke HA series that are going for almost nothing used on the Guitar Centre website.

Too late now isnt it? Also, I really dislike Hartke's. Every single one had miserable tone, from the smallest practice amp to a half stack with aluminum speakers. I just didnt like their sound. Do I go around telling everybody the nightmares of the Hartke? No. Do I go around reprimanding anybody who *recommends* Hartke amps? No.
Behringer aren't the answer to everything. They're barely the answer to anything

Thanks for the advice, but I disagree.

pinga
I would never get one. Partly because I hear really bad things about durabilty of their circuits, but mainly because not too many of my heros use them, and while some would say that stupid....well, I am not attempting to cop my heros tone...I have my own, and their tone or mine; does not include this brand.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Never had a problem, they dont sound paticularly bad either. Ive used them in alot of rehersal studios and once borrowed one of a friend for a while and had no failures or porblems. There cheap aswell. Give it a try.

EDIT: i wonder how much of the hate for behringer is people who have read there bad and then gone and tried one and just told themselves they were bad for the sake of it. Or how many people have even played one but still have the hate. Im not saying there the best or even my first choice as an amp but theyll do.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Last edited by fatgoogle at Mar 19, 2011,
I've used them before, and the tone just.

Isn't very good. It's not bad, but it's just flat and boomy and ugh.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
I've never found behringers to be reliable and that god awful tone is a big turn off.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by Cb4rabid
Apple rates their ipods as 10gb, 20gb, 60gb etc, but they never truely hold that much music. Every company does this in one way or another. Stop pretending like your brand is better than mine. Every company lies about something, it just so happens that Behringer (apparently) lies about their power rating, which I HONESTLY can't account for.
iPods are a bad comparison. They do hold that much memory, it's just a small percentage of it is filled by software and add-ons.

The point is, there are better options for your price.

Honestly, I used to love my Behringer. Then I upgraded and realized how much better other amps are.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
iPods are a bad comparison. They do hold that much memory, it's just a small percentage of it is filled by software and add-ons.

The point is, there are better options for your price.

Honestly, I used to love my Behringer. Then I upgraded and realized how much better other amps are.

Its actually a perfect comparison of how companies lie about little things here and there about their products to make them seem better. Ipods make it seem like "oh yeah, I *HOLD* that much, butttttttttttt...some of it is taken up by software".

In Behringers case (and again, this is according to some folks, personally it doesnt seem like 150W to me), "Its 300W, buttttt......that's peak power". And I dont see Apple get half the crap that Behringer does for overrating their products. Every company does it, im just using Apple because its the best I can think of right now.
pinga
I have nothing but bad things to say about Behringer. Up until just a few years ago my closet was a graveyard for a bands-worth of Behringer combos and pedals. The only piece of their gear I've ever had stand the test of time is a lonely guitar distortion pedal.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Cb4rabid
Its actually a perfect comparison of how companies lie about little things here and there about their products to make them seem better. Ipods make it seem like "oh yeah, I *HOLD* that much, butttttttttttt...some of it is taken up by software".

In Behringers case (and again, this is according to some folks, personally it doesnt seem like 150W to me), "Its 300W, buttttt......that's peak power". And I dont see Apple get half the crap that Behringer does for overrating their products. Every company does it, im just using Apple because its the best I can think of right now.

Apple: "this device holds 80Gigs"
reality: "This device holds 79.4Gigs"

Behringer:"THis device pups out 300Watts!"
reality: "thjis device pumps out 100Watts"

see the difference between apple and behringer?

also, I do own a behringer guitar amp. No it didn't blow up in the 2 years I've had it. yes it is quite loud. im not sure if its as loud as it says it is, but it gets the job done. does it sound good? no not really, but it gets the job done.

I also had a behringer pedal. it died. quickly. I know a guy who used to have a smaller behringer amp (basically the practice amp version of my amp) it died quickly. I know someone else who got a behringer guitar from a pawn shop. THE HORROR!! a frined of ours loaned him an old squier instead.

are they all bad? no, mine is a rock and has passable tone. do they have QC issues. yes, they really do. TS if you can go and try one yourself, and you like the tone then by all means get one if you are willing to risk it. I wouldn't.

i would also like to point out that I took the behringer name plate off of my amp so I don't accidentally influence any young guitar players to pick one up.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by Cb4rabid

The contexts are too different. In the world of bass amps, rms wattage is the standard for advertised wattage. Even companies that over-rate their amps, still list a (deceptive) rms wattage. That's what's universally expected, and it's a pretty strong act of deceit to list the peak instead. (If you doubt that it's actually 300 peak, just check your manual.)

Have you ever seen any mp3 player from any company that doesn't list the total storage space, and instead listed 79.57 GB because a few megs were taken up by software?

I've owned a ton of behringer, I like a lot of it. Some of the stuff broke easily, some stayed working for the long haul. I don't personally care for the bass amp tone, but that's a matter of taste. Their bass amps, however, are grossly overrated for wattage. And the company is certainly guilty of misrepresenting their products.
I feel like I should stop in here to put in my 2 cents. I have the Behringer BH4500H, while it is certainly on the lower end in term of power and the tone isn't that great (at least I haven't found any sounds yets that make my WOW). I am convinced that if you buy a behringer product that is based off of another well known product (my head and the 300w version for example) you can't really go wrong because you aren't really paying for behringer tech. it's their rendition of other companies tech in some occasions (the aforementioned heads and the ashdown versions for example). If you don't have alot of cash to spend, the worse that could happen is that you get it and it's not quite as good as you expected so you sell it and buy a different one. There is almost no reason to at least give on a try yourself and see what you think about it. Opinions of tone and sound very from person to person!
Quote by lunari
you can't really go wrong because you aren't really paying for behringer tech. it's their rendition of other companies tech in some occasions (the aforementioned heads and the ashdown versions for example). If you don't have alot of cash to spend, the worse that could happen is that you get it and it's not quite as good as you expected so you sell it and buy a different one.

What?
You're paying for thier lower-cost, poorly built and overall lower quality copies of whatever product they copied, of course you can go wrong.
The worst thing that can happen is that it will die on you. Which is something Behringer amps have a repuatation of doing.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by Cb4rabid

The only way that works is, I DO go that loud but the rest of it is taking up by marketing lies and failiure.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by the_perdestrian

also, I do own a behringer guitar amp. No it didn't blow up in the 2 years I've had it. yes it is quite loud. im not sure if its as loud as it says it is, but it gets the job done. does it sound good? no not really, but it gets the job done.

I also had a behringer pedal. it died. quickly. I know a guy who used to have a smaller behringer amp (basically the practice amp version of my amp) it died quickly. I know someone else who got a behringer guitar from a pawn shop. THE HORROR!! a frined of ours loaned him an old squier instead.

are they all bad? no, mine is a rock and has passable tone. do they have QC issues. yes, they really do. TS if you can go and try one yourself, and you like the tone then by all means get one if you are willing to risk it. I wouldn't.

i would also like to point out that I took the behringer name plate off of my amp so I don't accidentally influence any young guitar players to pick one up.

The last sentence made me laugh so much. At you, not with you.
Now with New and Improved Signature
Quote by the_perdestrian

Actually, my ipod took up 3 whole GB of space, not just .6 gbs, so its actually a decent amount. But whatever, I understand your point, however, im just saying that I myself have NOT experienced anything horrible with my amp, so why would I go around saying that behringer sucks and you shouldn't buy it? It doesnt make any sense.

The day it blows up and all hell breaks loose, ill come back and apologize and wage war with behringer. As of now though, I love the thing, its the first and only amp ive ever had, and for that, I thank it. It gets the job done.
pinga
Quote by goodlifebadlife

OH MY GOD.

SOMEONE BEING CONSCIENTIOUS?

Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Hm, it cant be worse than my friend's analog Behrigner analog modelling amp that I have to listen to weekly at worship band practice. My God, that thing sucks ass...

Actually now that I think about it, I've played one of those, they're not terrible for the price, just don't expect to get 300W out of it.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by goodlifebadlife

I wasn't thinking someone would see me play and then rush out and buy a behringer, I was more worried of someone going to the local store and looking at a peavey and a behringer and thinking "well, i've seen someone gigging with one of these..." or something like that. I just do not want to advertise a brand like that.

Quote by Cb4rabid
The day it blows up and all hell breaks loose, ill come back and apologize and wage war with behringer. As of now though, I love the thing, its the first and only amp ive ever had, and for that, I thank it. It gets the job done.

go ahead and say "hey, I have this amp and its great, but I've heard some sketchy things about hte brand. I would go for it, but buyer beware". Don't tell someone that behringer is the greatest brand to grace the world. unless you actually believe that it is (which I highly doubt)
no sir away a papaya war is on
Last edited by the_perdestrian at Mar 21, 2011,
Quote by the_perdestrian

go ahead and say "hey, I have this amp and its great, but I've heard some sketchy things about hte brand. I would go for it, but buyer beware". Don't tell someone that behringer is the greatest brand to grace the world. unless you actually believe that it is (which I highly doubt)

this is pretty much what I was getting at earlier in the thread
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Maybe I shouldnt have said it was a diamond, but everything else in my first comment in this thread was opinion. I said it was a great amp to ME, and that I would buy it (which I did).
pinga
This thread really needs to be closed now.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
what have we learned, if we didnt already know it...

sure you can buy a behringer, its your money. But they have poor quality control, and are overall just poor. It is a big risk, and even if it pays off, the sound quality isnt the best, especially for what you pay. If you are stupid enougth to take such risk for such little gain, then do it.

His/their money not ours. No point arguing with the facts, just watch the forums for the "my amp is stuffed how do i fix it / what to get now" then tell them that you told them so.
Don't try and tell people what they've learned, it makes you look pretentious as fuck.
I'm reporting this now.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Mar 22, 2011,