I recently found a Berhinger Vampire 1200H head for 150$ in complete working condition. Is this a good price to pursue this amp in comparison to its quality in terms of sound ect? i play alot of metal and post-hardcore but like my cleans clean. Does it accept pedals well? Any info would be greatly appreciated
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Indie super T black (modded with active and passive pickups)
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Special
Last edited by Fridge101 at Mar 19, 2011,
I wouldnt bother with it tbh. Its a cheap modeller in a head. The v-amp was ok at the time but it kinda sux now. Also i used to have the combo and you'd only have to look at the knobs for them to fall off and they're hard to replace... yeah give it a miss.
You mean the Behringer LX-1200H, am I right?
I bought one for $50 used, except some on the knobs are missing and have broken shafts. I can still adjust the controls.

It serves its purpose. I use it as a guest amp for people who come over and jam but don't want to carry their amp. I also use it as a Bass amp as well. I made the cab for mine(which cost $0.00), and it's a 2x15" with two tweeters.

It is a pretty damned good modeller. Beats any other beginner-range modeller currently available.
As long as you aren't gigging with it, it's a good amp.
..I was watching my death.
I don't trust Behringers at all.

Every Behringer I've use has either died or had a shitty tone.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
I don't trust Behringers at all.

Every Behringer I've use has either died or had a shitty tone.

And what Behringer products have you used?

I think the Behringer hate is just people jumping on the Bandwagon...
Behringer PA products are extremely good for the price.
I wouldn't trust most Behringer pedals though. Their Vintage series is actually pretty damned good. I've tried the Tube Overdrive, Phaser and I own the Vintage Time Machine. The vintage series are all clones of Electro-Harmonix pedals, and they do a damned good job.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006

I wouldn't trust most Behringer pedals though. Their Vintage series is actually pretty damned good. I've tried the Tube Overdrive, Phaser and I own the Vintage Time Machine. The vintage series are all clones of Electro-Harmonix pedals, and they do a damned good job.

I've tried their bass amps,guitar amps, and studio monitors they all died within a year of light use.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by timbit2006

It isnt a bandwagon.. i've had a behringer v-amp 2, a v-ampire, used v-tones (when i did music at college) all had problems with being built shoddily. Not to forget my behringer monitors where a pot has gone dodgy all within like a year.

yeah
screw those bandwagons .
I have a behringer GMX212, works fine, sounds great actually, love all the effects, doesn't sound digital at all, and Behringer makes great PA's and guitar cabs, the head's I don't know, but Behringer also makes Bugera, and I've heard great things about other people's, and I love mine. So some people have just had shit luck
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss