So I went to visit relatives in New Mexico for spring break, and brought back a guitar (duh...)

Nice old beat up case:

Block inlays!

Oooh, wine red flame!

Wait, wtf is this Ibanez shit???

A 1978 Ibanez PF300!

Set neck, original star tuners

It's the best playing Les Paul type guitar I've used in a long time, equal to or better than the current customs. I doubt it would match up to a custom from the same year, but I haven't tried a 78 in a while.

This is the post lawsuit model with a different design on the headstock. A little lighter than most LPs, and the pickups are an old set of Dimarzios that I may replace with vintage PAFs down the road.

Setup and action are superb, wiring is super clean, sounds beautiful. Having so much fun with it, I haven't touched my custom shop strat since I got back.
My uncle had it lying around in a case and rarely uses it, so I made him an offer. Totally broke again, but worth it without a doubt.
ooh nice, MIJ ftw
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sexy HNGD

dare i ask how much it was?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Super sexy finish! I thought it was an eclipse when I saw the neck, but it was missing the 12th fret inlay
WTLTL 2011
That's one classy looking guitar.

HNGD!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Tom, are you jeallous?

HNGD!!!
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
HNGD dude
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
People like the old Ibanez' for a reason. BTW, those are the stock 3 hole Super 70 pickups with the covers removed. Hold on to them if you do swap pickups. It's worth more with them. And resist the urge to drill an extra hole in the rings if you do swap them.
Quote by Jason43
People like the old Ibanez' for a reason. BTW, those are the stock 3 hole Super 70 pickups with the covers removed. Hold on to them if you do swap pickups. It's worth more with them. And resist the urge to drill an extra hole in the rings if you do swap them.

Cool! Can I just put covers on? Would that affect the tone? I've never owned an LP style guitar before.
Quote by denied
Cool! Can I just put covers on? Would that affect the tone? I've never owned an LP style guitar before.

IIRC, the old Ibanez pickups have a weird stud spacing. You can certainly find covers, just measure the spacing before you buy. You may or may not notice a subtle change in tone. Nothing dramatic and nothing that should prevent you from putting covers on.
I don't think the Gibson spacing is correct. You'll need to solder the new ones on.

Ask these guys for the proper covers:
http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/forum/index.php
Thats where all the old Ibanez experts hang out.
Damn. HNGD! I wish my trip to New Mexico was 1/100th as good as yours was!
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Damn. HNGD! I wish my trip to New Mexico was 1/100th as good as yours was!

Beautiful state. Beautiful guitars

Quote by Jason43
I don't think the Gibson spacing is correct. You'll need to solder the new ones on.

Ask these guys for the proper covers:
http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/forum/index.php
Thats where all the old Ibanez experts hang out.

ooooooooohhh. That makes more sense. I was like, wer duz it skrew in.

Yeah, I noticed that forum when I was looking up info. I'll post there thanks for the help!
...I envy you so much right now.

HNGD! If I ever visit somewhere and come back with something 1/10th as good as this I'll be happy.
ಥ_ಥ

it. is. too. beautiful. cannot. resist.

congratz.
1) Open Google Translator
2) Set it from English to Vietnamese
3) Type "Will Justin Bieber ever hit puberty"
4) Translate
5) Copy the Vietnamese text
6) Translate back from Vietnamese to English
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ