http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op79hYvqkEw

I walked downstairs the other day and my mom was watching american idol. Then i heard this guy singing and i immediatly ran over to the t.v. and i was like who is this guy. And it made me think, do you guys think that vocals like this are a gift or do you think anyone would be able to pull that off? I personally think its amazing.
A lot of it is his natural timbre, but a significant amount is training/technique.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Wow he's got quite a voice! A lot of power, just don't like the lower bits so much. Kind of make him sound like a dope. But I do think that it a gift. Don't hear stuff like that everyday, especially not from a bloke. Just a shame he has to perform on a shit talent show to be heared. Would like to hear more from him though
Quote by davis_kiel
Wow he's got quite a voice! A lot of power, just don't like the lower bits so much. Kind of make him sound like a dope. But I do think that it a gift. Don't hear stuff like that everyday, especially not from a bloke. Just a shame he has to perform on a shit talent show to be heared. Would like to hear more from him though
Yeah I do agree that the lower bits sound a bit artificially dark. You can tell that when he goes higher it gets brighter, that's more like his natural timbre.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I am proof that anyone can learn to sing. However, for those that really and truly have outstanding voices, there's more to it than simply learning how. I believe you need to have a natural aptitude for it.

Put another way.... with enough practice, most people can become decent hockey players, but not everyone can be a Wayne Gretzky or a Rocket Richard or a Ken Dryden.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by !jared!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ougQ64eZ0

Watch this. This guy is also on the show this year and he is amazing too

Fantastic singer, but it annoys me when they don't even try to sing anything resembling a melody.

EDIT: Actually, his technique is amazing, but I don't really like his voice. The first bloke's voice is much better.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Mar 25, 2011,