I'm either going to get the new Douglas Scope(HH) or Douglas Hadron(HSH), and put bare knuckles in them, with a seymour duncan triple shot(which can deactivate inner or out coils on either pickup, and put them into parallel), mid control switch, and phase reversal switch. They are both about the same price, 27" scale, have licensed floyds(which I prefer), but the Hadron has a through neck and grover tuners, but only has 22 frets. Do I really need the added middle single coil with all the mods I'm about to do anyway? Which Guitar do you recommend(and no, I don't want to hear about other guitars thanks )? EDIT: I'm looking for versatility, but I'm mostly a metal, blues, and classical player
If it is attatched to an amp and doesnt go shred...what...what the hell is it?? Eww..
Last edited by Merciless_Nasty at Mar 19, 2011,
Well, no matter how hard you try, you'll never get a humbucker to sound like a single coil, it's just physically not possible. So if you want that single coil sound, get the HSH.

Also, it's not a good idea to mix Bareknuckles with other brands, I went down that road once, ended up very displeased. But I think as long as you match the outputs of the pickups then you shouldn't have a problem.
well considering the mods your going to do id mod the douglass i dont think you need that many options on an hsh
Quote by ethan_hanus
Well, no matter how hard you try, you'll never get a humbucker to sound like a single coil, it's just physically not possible. So if you want that single coil sound, get the HSH.

Also, it's not a good idea to mix Bareknuckles with other brands, I went down that road once, ended up very displeased. But I think as long as you match the outputs of the pickups then you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm not mixing the pups, the SD triple shots are just the mounting rings that allow me to mod them. But that's very true about the single coil, on the other hand, the single coil would only be for cleans, and a like the way a split humbucker sounds clean.
If it is attatched to an amp and doesnt go shred...what...what the hell is it?? Eww..
Last edited by Merciless_Nasty at Mar 19, 2011,