I could have sworn I saw a motorbike thread around here somewhere, can't find it now

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a motorbike. I have a car at the moment, but it's costing way too much to run and I honestly won't be able to sustain it for long. I'll be starting college next year aswell, and parking will be an absolute nightmare.

A few of my friends have bikes and they keep raving about how fun they are to drive, and I've had a spin of one of their bikes before and it was pretty cool.

Obviously there are inherent safety issues, but since I'm limited to a 125 and I'm a fairly sensible driver in the car, I should be ok - *knocks on wood*.

Have the Bikers of The Pit got any advice for me? I was thinking a Honda CBR 125R, they're nice looking, cheap to run and a good beginner bike.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

125? Srs? Don´t dare call yourself biker with anything less than 1500. I know, my dad is like this huge biker dude, knows stuff and yo...
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by Tim the Rocker
125? Srs? Don´t dare call yourself biker with anything less than 1500. I know, my dad is like this huge biker dude, knows stuff and yo...

Never called myself a biker! And that's what I'm legally allowed to drive seeing as I'm under 21. Plus, any bigger and I'd probably shit myself!
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Tim the Rocker

My dad has a 1100cc V twin and it would make your 1500 look like a chunk of useless metal.

A 125cc is fine, if it has the right gear box in it. I would step up to at least a 500cc just so you have enough power up on the highway.

Also, when it rains, or snows, your gona wish you had a car.
Quote by ethan_hanus
My dad has a 1100cc V twin and it would make your 1500 look like a chunk of useless metal.

A 125cc is fine, if it has the right gear box in it. I would step up to at least a 500cc just so you have enough power up on the highway.

Also, when it rains, or snows, your gona wish you had a car.

For the third time, in Ireland, anyone under 21 can't drive anything bigger than a 125. And all I need it for is commuting.

And yeah, I've weighed up the raining thing, which is why I've waited until the summer to start looking at bikes.
Bertolt Bretcht

Looks fine, dont listen to those other guys.
You should know that guys in the pit are morons... just a bunch of teenagers who dont know **it.
Quote by siksofus
Looks fine, dont listen to those other guys.
You should know that guys in the pit are morons... just a bunch of teenagers who dont know **it.

Like myself Thanks for some useful input
Bertolt Bretcht