Right, I know I should buy a proper cab and speaker cable, but I can't untill I get paid in about a month or so.

So I'm wondering..

My amp has a 4 Ohm and an 8 Ohm output (they're both seperate outputs, nothing to say one is stereo or what not, so I'm assuming they're both mono outputs, just different impendance)

Now, I don't have a speaker cab just yet. My amp is the old model Randall RH50 Head.
Seeing as I don't have a cab and I'm really really really wanting to play my new amp, i was wondering if i could put it through my speaker system..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-LS21-Stereo-Speaker-System/dp/B0017915WA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1300561368&sr=8-6 are the exact speakers I have.

So GG&A, tell me, can I use my amp with these speakers?
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
I wouldn't recomend this at all.

You could run it through one of the satellites from the 4ohm jack or both of them in series through the 8ohm jack but it's going to sound like complete shit because you're not going to have any bass to speak of. They're 1.5W each also though so you'd have to be careful not to blow them.

You'd need a line out to run it through the sub as it's powered.

I would just wait to get a cab.
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
both the satellite speakers terminate at the same jack, so would that be parallel or series and what would the impedance be?

i know it'll sound pretty bad, but i really don't want to wait a month, maybe even more to use my new amp..

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
The jack that's already on the speakers (going by what you said there's 1 plug both are connected to right?) is a stereo connector. You'd need to remove it or use an adapter to separate them.

parallel would be 2 ohms, series would be 8 ohms.
Last edited by Prime2515102 at Mar 19, 2011,
ah damn =/ well i don't exactly wanna go around cutting up my speakers tbh.. what kind of adaptor would i need?

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Would be something like these except backwards (a jack to 2 plugs instead of the other way around). Then you'd need to wire the 2 ends in series (you'd probably have to clip the ends off the adapter and wire them to a 1/4" phone plug).

Unless you can find a stereo-to-mono adapter that wires them in series, but I've never seen one before.
Last edited by Prime2515102 at Mar 19, 2011,