Well, I can, but I need something to serve as a foot stool for my right leg in order to raise the guitar up. I can't sit normally, without any sort of foot stools, and play guitar. When I do, the guitar feels way too low and my fretting hand feels so uncomfortable. Why is this?
I think that's kind of normal actually. I always cross my legs when I play seated and that does the trick for me.
REGGIE
It's likely just personal preference, unless there's pain of some sort involved.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
that's another thing. i suck i playing standing up. i find that i have to arch my back backwards sometimes to get riffs off of the high strings
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
so you play standing with your guitar at neck height?

Plenty of people choose to wear it above the belt (although that high is pretty ridiculous )
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Mar 19, 2011,
yea, when i play sitting down have my one foot sideways and my other foot on top of it so the leg my guitar is resting on is proped up. It seems to me that it's easier to play that way
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Quote by Chenryy
that's another thing. i suck i playing standing up. i find that i have to arch my back backwards sometimes to get riffs off of the high strings

so you suck sitting down and standing up?
Earth without ART, is just Eh...
Quote by metalzeppelin
so you suck sitting down and standing up?

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Your arms are short? It isn't a big deal. Make sure you have the neck raised up so it isn't pointing downward towards the ground. If this doesn't help Idk what the issue could be. Sitting down should put the guitar at a comfortable height when it is resting on your knee. How do you play standing up?
When you sit, do you play in classical position, or steel string acoustic position?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X