Page 1 of 4
Update:

Even though my brother didn't win, I'd like to thank all of those here who voted for him! Both he and I really appreciate it!

Hey guys, I haven't posted in probably a year, but I came back for your help, if you guys are willing to give it.

My little brother has been growing up in a foster family since he was young, and doesn't have enough money to attend college without heavy loans and grants (he's chosen to use the military to pay for tuition, but you college kids know there's a lot more than that).

There's a contest in his area sponsored by a music store where the winner, determined by a voting system, will receive an iPad. My brother is really into music, has been his whole life, and this iPad will be his computer for college (there's no money to buy anything else for him, I know it's not the best choice, but it's something).

The rules of the contest explicitely state that we may post a voting link to this website on other sites (eg facebook, blogs, forums, etc.), so please don't feel that this is vote stuffing, as many others are doing this exact same thing.

If you don't like my brother's writing or feel he doesn't deserve it, or just like someone else's writing better, then feel free to vote for another submission. While I would like my brother to win, I'm sure there are other kids out there too who could use a computer, if not for the same purpose as my brother.

Again, it's your choice, but the link below is to my brother's submission. To see other submissions, click the "Vote Now" link at the top of the page linked.

Thank you so much for your time.

Here's the link:

http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/96950/voteable_entries/18099495?ogn=website&order=recency

On a side note:

If you guys want, please post the link to my brother's submission on other sites/blogspots/facebook/what have you in order to gain support for my brother.

I deeply appreciate those who have voted so far and those who will vote in the future, and we could use all the help we can get!

Thanks again!

Just as an update, you guys have helped move my brother up to 5th place so far! Keep it coming!
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Last edited by yurfinlfntsy at Apr 12, 2011,
notsureifserious.jpg
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
Quote by Geebz
notsureifserious.jpg

I'm serious. Do you need some sort of proof?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Can you dumb down how I do this in favor of your little brother?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I voted for him...why not
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by metal4all
Can you dumb down how I do this in favor of your little brother?

You're voting on his submission (or someone else's, if you prefer).

If he receives enough votes, he could win a computer that he can take to college with him, thus deferring the total cost of his tuition, and thus reduce how many loans he will have to take out.

And thanks to all who have voted so far!
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
You're voting on his submission (or someone else's, if you prefer).

If he receives enough votes, he could win a computer that he can take to college with him, thus deferring the total cost of his tuition, and thus reduce how many loans he will have to take out.

And thanks to all who have voted so far!
Nevermind. I'm high and didn't know if it was so easy as clicking that damn green button.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by two_headed boy
voted

Thank you, and thanks again to all who've done it already as well!
Quote by metal4all
Nevermind. I'm high and didn't know if it was so easy as clicking that damn green button.

Yeah its always so complicated and you can never find the vote button but this one was nice and easy.
Voted.

Fingers crossed pal!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Casketcreep
I can relate to poverty.
Although mine is all my own fault really. Hope he gets it man.

Also hope your brother exists and this isn't just going to you.

I assure you he exists, and every little bit helps for him. I hope your situation improves. Thank you.

Quote by due 07
Voted.

Quote by metacarpi
Voted.

Fingers crossed pal!

Thanks so much to you all!
Voted because you're an aerospace engineer, best of luck bro.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by damian_91
Voted because you're an aerospace engineer, best of luck bro.

Thanks man, I'll pass that along to my brother
Voted for him.

How much does college/uni cost in the US anyhoo? I get the impression that it's a **** lot.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by guitarist41
Voted for him.

How much does college/uni cost in the US anyhoo? I get the impression that it's a **** lot.

Thanks for your vote. My brother can only attend in-state schools due to obvious financial reasons, and at the school he'll be attending (University of Florida) total charges are about $18,000 a year in-state ($5000 for tuition, $8000 room&board, and $5000 other)

Or, in total, about £11101
Last edited by yurfinlfntsy at Mar 19, 2011,
Help my ****...

Well, hope he wins. Somebody in one of my classes uses an iPad. Seems pretty awesome.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by guitarist41
Help my ****...

Well, hope he wins. Somebody in one of my classes uses an iPad. Seems pretty awesome.

Thanks man.
voted best of luck good chaps!
I have a signature!

Quote by HunterTN
I personally try to avoid anything with strings or pickups. I take all the strings off of mine and just beat them with a hammer. Guitar is a percussion instrument you know.

voted away

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
Thanks you guys
voted
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
voted

Quote by beyondthegrave
voted man. maybe he will win!

Thanks guys
Voted.
I hope he gets it. Florida's a good school, too. Best of luck to him there!
Quote by Lots O' FX
There's a guy named, I shit you not, Hunter Goldhammer. I have never met him, I only heard his name over the PA, but I assume he's a dwarf paladin.

Quote by skwelcher
I'm like the real life version of the socially awkward penguin.
I voted too. It's a good essay but the word "epitome" is so overused nowadays that it's somewhat grating on the nerves. Otherwise, wish him good luck, sounds like he could use some, finally.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Voted.

When he wins, tell him to sell teh Mac and buy a PC.

Hah, I'll be sure to let him know

Thanks again to all above!
Quote by akack
voted

Quote by guitarxo
Voted
I hope your brother wins!

Thanks guys!
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I voted as well.

Thank you!
Page 1 of 4