Page 1 of 2
hey pit, my band is opening a christian rock show in exactly 2 weeks. the thing is that we are a traditional heavy metal/hard rock band that normally sings about conjuring the devil and stuff so we need songs that are gonna fit the rest of the show. we are doing this because it is hosted by one of our member's church.

anyways, I need some really easy songs similar to "be my escape" by relient k that we can master in time for the show. we need to fit a 30 minute set so maybe an additional 3 or 4 songs should do. We'd prefer if the songs were in standard tuning because, well, that's what we like.

Thanks in advance for the help pit!

EDIT: thanks to all that are actually trying, screw the smart asses, and please nothing with piano
Last edited by sticksause at Mar 19, 2011,
Shout at the Devil - Mötley Crüe

It's actually an anti-satanic song.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Jesus is my friend

/thread

EDIT: ^ Great minds think alike
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
This. It's simple, similar to "Be My Escape," and really catchy.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Burn Out Bright- Switchfoot (Most any of Switchfoot's songs would be good too, except they like to play in Drop D, so watch out)
Devastation and Reform- Relient K (It's in Eb, but transposing up shouldn't be too much of an issue)
Sahara- Relient K (This would be good since the literal meaning of the song is about a lion cub who's getting his innards eaten by birds of prey, something you guys should be good at )
Godspeed- Anberlin
Crash- Decyfer Down
Pretty much anything from Skillet
I pride myself on my humility.
My Curse - KSE
Feel Good Drag - Anberlin
Flood - Jars of Clay
Your Love is a Song - Switchfoot (or any switchfoot song for that matter)
Spy Hunter - Project 86
A Boy Brushed Red Living in Black and White - Underoath
Constant - House of Heroes
If You Could See Me Now - P.O.D.
Pain - Ashes Remain

a few of my faves. other songs from those bands would probly suffice. oh and they're not all in standard tuning. good luck at the show!
Anberlin is a good one. Any of their songs really. I have Cities and New Surrender and both of them are solid albums.

Antithesis
Petra
Living Sacrifice.

Antithesis is more Iron Maiden like, Petra more 80's, and Living Sacrifice is Thrashier.

The Almost is an awesome band that's Aaron Gillespie's (Underoath's old drummer) solo project. He has some really solid songs. Monster Monster, Say This Sooner, Southern Weather, Get Through

EDIT: This Is Not the End by The Bravery is kind of a pro-religion song. Not as hard but it's would be a good toned down song without turning into a four chord Jesus band.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Mar 19, 2011,
I'm not exactly sure, but I'm pretty sure Lamb of God is a Christian Metal band. I'm not so sure what Christian songs they have though...
Guitars: Amps
1. Shecter Damien 6 1. Line 6 Spider III
2. Yamaha Pacifica (RED) 2. Drive CD 20
Quote by billabob1234
Feel Good Drag - Anberlin

As much as I love Anberlin, I'm not sure this one would be good considering its about an affair.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by mtshark
As much as I love Anberlin, I'm not sure this one would be good considering its about an affair.

The Bible has incest.

Celibacy? Affair? Close enough. Play The Promise by Anberlin and go 80's on their asses. I'm sorry, on their rear ends.

Here's your opener. Get some fog and shit going in the intro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJqSWT6GRSM
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Mar 19, 2011,
Quote by Shredin0id
I'm not exactly sure, but I'm pretty sure Lamb of God is a Christian Metal band. I'm not so sure what Christian songs they have though...

Yeah, no. Not even close.

Try some stuff from Skillet.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
if you like "crazy train", there's always this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6gGDUTMEKE

srsly though,
"never take friendship personal" by anberlin
"wake dead man, wake" by as cities burn
"you decide" or "unbreakable" by fireflight
"meant to live" by switchfoot
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Last edited by kylepianoman at Mar 19, 2011,
Play this.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Stryper?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by mtshark
Burn Out Bright- Switchfoot (Most any of Switchfoot's songs would be good too, except they like to play in Drop D, so watch out)
Devastation and Reform- Relient K (It's in Eb, but transposing up shouldn't be too much of an issue)
Sahara- Relient K (This would be good since the literal meaning of the song is about a lion cub who's getting his innards eaten by birds of prey, something you guys should be good at )
Godspeed- Anberlin
Crash- Decyfer Down

Pretty much anything from Skillet

Both of those songs are in Drop C...

TS, may I suggest Pillar? Most of their stuff is in Drop C but if your band is at least willing to go down to Drop D, you could probably do Fireproof.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

i personally am partial to pathetic

PATHETICCCCCC

WASTEDDDDDD

SOULLESSSSS

commMMPROOOMIIIIISEEEEEE
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Acϵ♠ at Mar 19, 2011,
people mentioning Lamb of God clearly didnt know the bands orginal name before that..
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
Quote by neidnarb11890
Play "Jesus" by The Velvet Underground

Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Conor360
people mentioning Lamb of God clearly didnt know the bands orginal name before that..

Hug the Priest right?
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Try anything from Unhindered (great band, seen them maybe 7 times.)

For specific songs, you could always try My Heart by Paramore or I'm Not Alright by Sanctus Real
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by Shredin0id

on topic, try As i lay dying
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
just play the same songs but change the lyrics. that way it goes from "rise satan and destroy all!" to "return jesus and save us from our sins!"
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by fretsofthebeast

on topic, try As i lay dying

Honestly, you can find any generic Metalcore riff and scream over it and poof, As I Lay Dying. I recently found out that the singer is actually really talented. Boy was I surprised.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quicksand Jesus - Skid Row
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
Quote by BladeSlinger
Hug the Priest right?

something like that
Quote by Thrill-house

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
lol christianity
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Any song by Skillet, Fireflight, Disciple, Kutless, Relient K, Demon Hunter and August Burns Red if you play that style, As I Lay Dying, and RED. For Skillet, I highly recommend songs from Collide and Comatose. Disciple's Scars Remain is great. Kutless' Hearts of the Innocent and To Know That You're Alive. Demon Hunter's Storm the Gates of Hell and The World is a Thorn are their best albums. And RED just released a new album called "Until We Have Faces" and it is full of good stuff, Feed the Machine for example.

Edit: oh, you said standard tuning, then forget the Demon Hunter, AILD, and RED. Sorry 'bout that.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Last edited by Kutless Rocker at Mar 19, 2011,
Page 1 of 2