http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHlivzd9vCo

hello, i am 15 years old and have been playing the guitar for about 2 weeks. i am mostly self taught by looking at the internet. here is a recording i made with me playing lead guitar for the first time after practicing a lot. please give me your honest opinions, tips and advices so i can become a better guitarist. sorry about the quality. thanks.
Last edited by bigblackguy at Mar 19, 2011,
I guess the first thing would be to make sure your guitar is in tune. As for style, the decision comes to what you want to sound like. For this, it lacks that personality that really makes soloing flow. It feels dry, as if a computer was making it; there's not human error and therefore no real feeling.

It's understandable if you've only been playing for 2 weeks. It'll come eventually as you play more and more.
Not too bad at all, man. I'd just say work on your vibrato. The notes sound kind of flat and maybe a tiny bit out of tune. Like greenblue10 said, it lacks some soul. Maybe you can learn these solos and pick up on some technique and maybe start doing some improv over existing progressions. Doing that will help you feel everything out and and even help you discover some new stuff that you've never done before. You've certainly made a lot of progress in the past two weeks. Keep going! You can never stop learning things about music. Even the pros learn something new every time they pick up a guitar.
lol

your getting there and always listen to what you play if it sound out of tune stop the video and tune, when bending make sure your in pitch, p_a_morgan.......vibrato comes from your hands gradually people who have vibrato just learned it just came to them

donr worry about vibrato it will come ,

learn to play music, get a teacher that will teach music and must be strict
and more scales

stop trying to go as fast as you can, accurcy is the key to being fast
Quote by greennblue10
I guess the first thing would be to make sure your guitar is in tune. As for style, the decision comes to what you want to sound like. For this, it lacks that personality that really makes soloing flow. It feels dry, as if a computer was making it; there's not human error and therefore no real feeling.

It's understandable if you've only been playing for 2 weeks. It'll come eventually as you play more and more.

human error is a bad choice of words, nothing about the sound you create should be an "error".
Quote by Miteour18

stop trying to go as fast as you can, accurcy is the key to being fast

This.

Everyone try to play fast... It's indeed cool to play fast but you have to start slowly...
Also you should buy a tuner.

Nice picking and playing that a good beginning ! And this even if that's not really being 2 week you've start playing guitar...

Also... Don't neglige yourself... Dude... You ain't bad... Just practice and keep practicing to get better ... You're already good...

Is there a reason for that song to be recorded on mono? Panned Left?...

So ... Just...

Play more slowly... Learn more song... Keep up playing guitar... Use a tuner... Get a better sound... etc.

Keep it up! That a nice lead skill you can developpe here...!!

-MDP
Quote by mafuhungy
human error is a bad choice of words, nothing about the sound you create should be an "error".

I was using that term metaphorically. The reason why a bowl is made by a machine is because of human error - you get a plastic shell that looks like everything else. When you add human error to the equation, you add the human element. For a bowl, it's now a human work that was carved by a person, not mass produced by a machine.

What I'm saying is that Human Error isn't a bad thing. There are a lot of live shows where the musicians obviously play something out of key, but a lot of times, it's that small piece of human error that lets us remember that those are people on stage, like you and me, trying to be different instead of trying to sound like their cd. Not to say taht sounding like you do on a record is bad or anything.

When I think of Human Error in the good light, I think of the Who's last recorded performance before Moony kicked the bucket. Though there was a lot of screw ups and conflict within hte band, that recorded show is imo the best show they've ever recorded.