Has anyone played one of these? I just bought one from the States (I live in Australia) for 539+99 shipping. Only really bought it because of the emg 81 and original floyd rose, Cheapest guitar I could find for the money with that gear.

So has anyone played one? I know there is gonna be hate for BC Rich but yeah just wanted to know if anyone has played the Ironbird or a similar BC Rich in the price range like the NJ's, JR V Icon stuff like that.

Thanks

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

bump

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by Syriel
The B.C.Rich's higher end models like the one you have are pretty good. I've played the NJ Deluxe Warbeast, and its one hell of a solid machine. Pics when it gets to you btw.

I'm not expecting much but I'm not complaining, This costs $630 my Gibson cost $3000 so yeah

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

just bear in mind it probably has the korean-made floyd, not the schaller one.

I haven't tried it. if it's the same floyd as on my gunslinger it's pretty decent, but you can see where corners have been cut versus the schaller one at the same time.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I recently played an Ironbird Pro it had a OFR and one EMG I am not a fan of EMGs but I thought is was a very solid guitar. I have played and bought many over the years all of them have been great. People love to put BC Rich down but I doubt many of them have played one that was higher up in the line than a Bronze Series. I own several BC Rich guitars and even my Warbeast 1 plays and sounds great. My only complaint with that is it's a bit neck heavy. I had an old Ironbird from the 80s that I regret letting go of nice guitars if you go for the pointy stuff.

John
Quote by Dave_Mc
just bear in mind it probably has the korean-made floyd, not the schaller one.

I haven't tried it. if it's the same floyd as on my gunslinger it's pretty decent, but you can see where corners have been cut versus the schaller one at the same time.

No offense but if you're going post on a topic you should kind of know what the guitar is and the specs of it and not just make assumptions.

To post above, Everyone seems to bash BC Richs because they are "pointy" they're really well made guitars from my friends JRV Icon he has. But I just can't wait to have a go on that floyd.

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I've played what I believe to be an outlaw nj deluxe, nice guitar in general.
Will get the job done.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Higher end BC Riches are awesome guitars. It really is a shame they're so pointy, I can't sit down with one without hurting myself. Plus you can't expect to be taken seriously in anything but a brütal metal band.
Other than that, they're really good guitars. On the high-end models the licensed trems are pretty stable - not quite OFR-level, but close enough.
Pickups are pretty hot too.

All in all they're 100% metal guitars.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Mar 22, 2011,
Quote by PsiGuy60
On the high-end models the licensed trems are pretty stable - not quite OFR-level, but close enough.

Where'd you get that high-end B.C.Rich's have licenced FRs? As far as I'm concerned, B.C.Rich high end models have OFR's in them. Tho I'm not really sure its the X000 ones, but they're OFRs, not "LICENSED UNDER" ones.
Quote by Syriel
Where'd you get that high-end B.C.Rich's have licenced FRs? As far as I'm concerned, B.C.Rich high end models have OFR's in them. Tho I'm not really sure its the X000 ones, but they're OFRs, not "LICENSED UNDER" ones.

Oh. I meant the highest price ones that still have LFRs. So not really high-end, but still better quality than those people here bitch and hate about.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
guess i'll point out that the same parent company owns BCR and FR. they can call it an original floyd rose even if it isn't made by the same maker as the OFR.

i tried the Ironbird and thought it wasn't bad for what it is. i'm not much on EMGs myself. don't worry about the BCR haters as many just don't have any real experience with them past a beginner model. i've owned several nice BCR's over the years and hope to get another Bich one of these days (i'm pretty much a strat guy these days)
Quote by KISSguitarist
No offense but if you're going post on a topic you should kind of know what the guitar is and the specs of it and not just make assumptions.

To post above, Everyone seems to bash BC Richs because they are "pointy" they're really well made guitars from my friends JRV Icon he has. But I just can't wait to have a go on that floyd.

what the fuck?

I'm no BC Rich basher, I own two of them you dumbass.

The fact remains, what BC Rich (and a lot of other guitar manufacturers) call an OFR on their mid-price guitars is NOT the german-made Schaller version. It's a cheaper, Korean-made version. It's still pretty good (it's a darn sight better than most cheapo licensed floyds), it has the brass sustain block, hardened knife edges and it reacts much more like the quality floyds and copies (OFR, schaller, gotoh, edge etc.) than the cheapo licensed ones which suck, but you can definitely tell that corners have been cut. The fine tuners in particular feel VERY cheap (cheaper than ones I've got on some licensed trems, e.g. ibanez lo-trs), the arm isn't as snug a fit as on the schaller, etc. etc.

Just so you know I'm not making this shit up, here's a link to floyd rose's website, where it says there are Korean-made versions:

http://www.floydrose.com/bridges/index.php

Comparison between the Korean one and German one:

http://dellus.net/?tag=floyd-rose-tremolo (sometimes my antivirus flags this site up, so go at your own risk- i only post it because it's the only comparison I know of)

In conclusion:

GTFO

If you're gonna accuse someone else of not knowing what he/she is talking about, better check your facts first. It's your thread, I only came in here to help and advise, then you jumped down my throat.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 22, 2011,
Quote by KISSguitarist

yah cause owning a guitar from the same company from around about the same price range with the same bridge means he knows nothing about the topic

dumbass
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?