What were the settings on your Vypyr?

Doesn't sound bad for those Duncan Design HB-108 pups--ya know you can swap those out with real SH-8s for about $160.

Or if you really wanna splurge, go for an SH-8 in the bridge and a Sustainiac in the neck, just like Syn.

Anyway, great playing...keep it up!
Thanks for the comments guys. =)

As for my settings, I'm using K-Stein in distortion mode my lows and highs are 10 and my mids 6, gains 10 and reverb at 4.

EDIT: Also I was considering switching the pickups, but I'm getting an Avenger Blackjack ATX soon anyways so I decided not to.
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
Hope you like the new Avenger. It'll be way different without the flat top or the Floyd Rose. I don't have experience with those pups, but I've heard great things about them.

I'd still get some real Duncans for the Syn standard some day, though. Sometimes the Standards are better than the Customs once the pups are retrofitted. The way the neck is affixed on the Custom isn't necessarily the best, and lots of OFRs need work; LFRs can be a lot better. Of course, the ebony fretboard would be nice, but you can't have everything.
Quote by jetwash69
Hope you like the new Avenger. It'll be way different without the flat top or the Floyd Rose. I don't have experience with those pups, but I've heard great things about them.

I'd still get some real Duncans for the Syn standard some day, though. Sometimes the Standards are better than the Customs once the pups are retrofitted. The way the neck is affixed on the Custom isn't necessarily the best, and lots of OFRs need work; LFRs can be a lot better. Of course, the ebony fretboard would be nice, but you can't have everything.

Yeah, the rhythm guitarist in my band has a hellraiser avenger and i've tried it and it is really really wierd, he's had it for like 7 months and says he's still not used to it (he used to have an fr guitar too but he likes drop tunings so he just got a guitar with no fr) and he likes to play mine more.

As for the pickup switch maybe I'll get one once I get a job and after I get a new amp, because any other guitar on my amp sounds like absolute shit with the majority of my presets. Took me a really long time to get this tone out of my peavey and I love so yeah I'm partial about it.
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.