I think it's a good deal but I'm not SUPER educated on Kramers. Wait for more responses to confirm or deny
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Don't buy that it's Korean made plywood. One of Kramer's lower ends guitars. For $400 you could find an old Pacer or a Focus for $250-$350. Focus line is a good deal for a ESP made Kramer.

Stay away of that guitar though.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
400 is WAY over priced.

That FR is actually a FR2, and they SUCKED!!!! there was a reason they were only out for a short time.

the only thing going for that guitar is the EMG, but even that will kill the 80's tone of the guitar, which, in my opinion is the whole reason for owning a Striker.

The one in question looks to be either an 88-89 (hard to tell with the pics)

Not all of these were plywood (mine is btw) early 80's models were basswood.

The boasting about how this guitar plays is dead on the money, mine (even after all the abuse) still plays like butter.

At most this guitar is maybe worth 200 bucks with the pup upgrade the seller has done.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Mar 20, 2011,
Don't even bother. $400 is ridiculous, considering the body is made of cheap plywood, and the floyd is licensed. Not saying it's a piece of crap, just overpriced.

I bought an old Kramer Savant for way less than $400, and it had a solid wood body, and an original floyd rose.

If you're looking for something better than a beginner guitar, don't get any striker. The least you'll wanna get is a Focus, or something with higher quality building materials.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by ThrashMetal014
Don't even bother. $400 is ridiculous, considering the body is made of cheap plywood, and the floyd is licensed. Not saying it's a piece of crap, just overpriced.

I bought an old Kramer Savant for way less than $400, and it had a solid wood body, and an original floyd rose.

If you're looking for something better than a beginner guitar, don't get any striker. The least you'll wanna get is a Focus, or something with higher quality building materials.

That is NOT a licensed Floyd.

It's an OFR2. These were lower end models made by the Floyd Rose company.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Air_Vengeance
Don't buy that it's Korean made plywood. One of Kramer's lower ends guitars. For $400 you could find an old Pacer or a Focus for $250-$350. Focus line is a good deal for a ESP made Kramer.

Stay away of that guitar though.

i would trust this guy on Kramers. i mean Jesus, have you read his sig?
$400 is not even close. $200 would probably even be slightly high.

As others have said, those strikers were the bottom end Korean models and most of them have laminate bodies. The tremolo, while not being licensed, and a FR2, is a NON-LOCKING FR2. This is important. Later Floyd 2's were double locking like an OFR (tho still lower quality) but this one is the original NON-LOCKING FR2. It's a single locking system which locks only at the nut, meaning it's nowhere near (and I mean not even in the same universe) as stable as an original Floyd Rose or even a licensed double locking unit.

At this price I would say stay far, FAR away. You'd be getting taken to the cleaners paying $400 for that axe.