Page 1 of 2
So in another thread someone was talking about how they're a falconer and I got to thinking, this would be fukcing sweet to do. Anyone have any info on it? How much It'd cost? How much the bird alone costs? What types of birds you can use?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Hackward
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
You were talking about me

Falconry is very difficult, but rewarding if you do it properly. The trust between you and your raptor isn't like anything else.

Starting falconry is expensive, too. You have to build your own shelter for your bird (up to code, not just any random bullshit), buy the bird, buy your jessies, buy the lure, fresh meat for food, buy the bird, and apprentice under a licensed falconer for 2-6 years.

There's not a lot more relaxing and fun than taking my hawk out to the field and tossing around the lure for a few hours, though.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Random bird fact: A group of crows is called a 'murder.'

IE, "Hey Jim, where did your eyes go?"
"Oh, that murder you've been telling me about finally got to me."

A group of Choirboys is called a Buggery. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Quote by applesforthewin
What types of birds you can use?

You can use Falcons.

Pro-tip: get a glove.

Lots of falconers are middle-eastern oil shieks. So if you're having trouble affording it, maybe you can get an online degree in how to become a shiek and try that out.
Quote by jetwash69
You can use Falcons.

Pro-tip: get a glove.

Lots of falconers are middle-eastern oil shieks. So if you're having trouble affording it, maybe you can get an online degree in how to become a shiek and try that out.

Falcons, hawks, or eagles are the traditional, but many people today use the more forgiving Red-Tailed Hawk or (my bird) Harris' Hawk. Buzzards, Kestrel, Osprey, Sea Eagles, and some Owls can be used as well.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
If you don't use a falcon can you still call it falconry? Like, if you use a hawk, then do you have to call it hawkry?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
If you don't use a falcon can you still call it falconry? Like, if you use a hawk, then do you have to call it hawkry?

Nope, still called falconry. Not sure why, actually.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Because falconry means "the practice of hunting with a bird," not a falcon specifically
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by rgrockr

Aaaaaaand, if you use an eagle, will you get penalized for saying you're practicing eaglery eagerly?

Edit: Damn! Too slow. Lagging pretty badly for some reason.
Last edited by triface at Mar 20, 2011,
Quote by PlayMadness
Because falconry means "the practice of hunting with a bird," not a falcon specifically

Not actually sure why I said I wasn't sure, but

I saw a falconer once. It was cool as hell.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by PlayMadness
You were talking about me

Falconry is very difficult, but rewarding if you do it properly. The trust between you and your raptor isn't like anything else.

Starting falconry is expensive, too. You have to build your own shelter for your bird (up to code, not just any random bullshit), buy the bird, buy your jessies, buy the lure, fresh meat for food, buy the bird, and apprentice under a licensed falconer for 2-6 years.

There's not a lot more relaxing and fun than taking my hawk out to the field and tossing around the lure for a few hours, though.

How much did it cost you?
Quote by applesforthewin
How much did it cost you?

I'm not sure, I spread costs over a long time. My hawk Kieta cost $75, but different birds cost different. My keep was roughly $160 for the wood, the perches, a smallish shelter, and fencing. Food is the most expensive over time, you need to feed it fresh meat.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by PlayMadness
I'm not sure, I spread costs over a long time. My hawk Kieta cost $75, but different birds cost different. My keep was roughly $160 for the wood, the perches, a smallish shelter, and fencing. Food is the most expensive over time, you need to feed it fresh meat.

whered you get the name? did you name it or did it already have it? it sounds indianish
Quote by applesforthewin
whered you get the name? did you name it or did it already have it? it sounds indianish

My cousin, who was native American, died before I was born. I named her after her.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Tyronette.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Child. That way whenever your bird isn't listening to you or doing what you want, you can yell, "Child please!"
Quote by ScottB.
hur

That's the first time in YEARS I've laughed at one of these pictures
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Momentosis
Hackward

i laff'd

not gonna lie first thing that came to my mind when i read the title:

Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by trueamerican
Child. That way whenever your bird isn't listening to you or doing what you want, you can yell, "Child please!"

If he was gonna do that, he should go with Bitch.

I shall assist my bird in its hunting and that shall be my weapon. We shall hunt bears. fuck yeah?
Last edited by applesforthewin at Mar 20, 2011,
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
NOSTALGIA ALERT
Awwww yeah

Oh shit, those books were AMAZING! I was going through the books I read as a kid this past summer, and I saw the second and third ones, but I couldn't find the first one, which crushed me because the first is the best one. I was actually depressed for a week.
There's a special about it on NatGeo. They still do it and have competitions, I forget the country but they look mongolian.

The coolest thing when they try and snatch an egg and the eagle comes back to check on the nest. Angry momma eagle vs. 13 year old mongolian kid dangling from a rope... Instant party folks. Instant party.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Page 1 of 2