A while ago I realized how redundant it was for me to program my drums with the piano roll in Reaper when I already had the midi done out in GP. I tried exporting the midi, it didn't work and so I got frustrated and gave up. Weeks later my drum writing ability has vastly improved and programming them in the piano roll is even more annoying. But I'm still having problems with Reaper.

I export the midi and import it into reaper, load up shortciruit and my kit and press play. no sound. Reaper's midi is all set up, my volumes are all set, I've messed with midi channels and deleted the weird scripts GP puts in the beginning of their midi files. Still no sound. Notes programmed in reaper work fine, it's only the ones from GP that won;t play. Any ideas on how to fix this?
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Make sure the midi channels match up with your samples in shortcircuit. I use shortcircuit as well with midi files that were converted from GP files and it works fine. Go into piano roll, press "select all notes" (or something like that) and set the midi channel to match up with the samples.

EDIT: I usually select all notes in piano roll, then click note properties to change them all to the channel i want.
Last edited by J Mud at Mar 20, 2011,
I had this problem a while back, and I have a pretty easy solution.

Now technically, if you want to play MIDI drums in Reaper, you'll have to get a drum VST and all that. But it always ends up glitching for me so I don't use it. What you have to do is get Fruity Loops (if you don't have it already). Open up FL and import the MIDI drums. Then export it as a MP3. Then import THAT mp3 into Reaper. It's much easier IMO.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Thanks for the quick replies, I'll try those out and report back with results.

EDIT: Changed all the notes to channel 1 and it works now, thanks for the help.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Last edited by robertito696 at Mar 20, 2011,
^That wasn't the problem, I use shortcircuit to load samples, the midi notes were just set to the wrong channel and I didn't realize/know how to change it.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers