hey UG, just wondering can anyone find a good tutorial on how to sarod pick? I would like to practice it accurately so its a technique that i can master. i see alot of fast players using it the most famous being yngwie.

Anyway any advice and your own tutorial if you sarod pick it be greatly appreciated.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
yeah ive seen his videos i get what it is, but what precisely do you have to do to perform it?
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
If you watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkeyHyIgqvY

Pebber's "sarod" picking is just another way of saying "rotatory" picking. Frankly I think by the time you've gotten to there you're overthinking it if all you want to do is play. If you want to teach at an advanced level this kind of stuff is good to know but for the average player... too much.

Pebber has a good point about players of other instruments having used this picking method for ages but any of the three major movements works pretty well, you just need to practice it well. Really that's what makes the difference to how good you are: how you practice and how well you practice, not which picking motion you use.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.