guys i need to improve in guitar i mean its like i dont know where to go the hardest songs i can do so far is eruption and right now i dont know wat songs will make me better or sound better. even though i try like paul gilbert steve vai or joe satriani songs they are still too hard for me so if u can suggest a nice and somewhat hard and popular song that i can learn to improve and put my guitar playing to the next level pls do so thanks in advance!
metalmanica\m/
If I see Master of Puppets as a reply in a thread like this one more time, I may scream.

If you're interested in Gilbert, Vai, or any of the other revered shredders, by all means give their songs a go. Reduce the tempo a little if necessary, and work on your accuracy, economy of motion, tone, relaxation and overall efficiency when playing; those are the key factors that will make you sound genuinely ''good'' when playing your guitar, or any instrument. You can play any song you like, so long as you're determined to achieve accuracy and a nice sound.

On note of the shredders though, you may not be able to attempt a jam-along with a full-speed backing right away. But if you've got a Guitar Pro file open or a Media Player with a nice slowing down feature, it'd be great practice for a wide variety of techniques, and in a setting or context that you genuinely enjoy and can attribute to a repertoire.

I suppose my advice is to choose a song you genuinely enjoy, and play it whatever speed you're absolutely comfortable while being in control of the points I mentioned above. The end result of reaching tempo isn't the absolute goal, but part of it along with maintaining musicality and comfortability up to - and even beyond - that point. Like Gilbert? Play some Gilbert! Satch? Play some Satch (I can say that Starry Night and The Extremist are both very approachable songs if you'd like to give them a shot).
Quote by edumico1234
guys i need to improve in guitar i mean its like i dont know where to go the hardest songs i can do so far is eruption and right now i dont know wat songs will make me better or sound better. even though i try like paul gilbert steve vai or joe satriani songs they are still too hard for me so if u can suggest a nice and somewhat hard and popular song that i can learn to improve and put my guitar playing to the next level pls do so thanks in advance!

You don't get better just by learning "harder" songs, everything new you learn improves you as a player. What matters is HOW you approach learning - approach every song with the aim of learning to play them as cleanly, accurately and in time as possible and focussing on the minutest of details, even if it's only a simple 3 chord song. There is no such thing as a song that is "too easy", if you let that attitude creep in you'll never amount to much of a guitar player - you either know something or you don't, and everything you don't know is a gap in your knowledge that you could be filling. Nothing at all wrong with being able to play Eruption, but what else can you play well in between starting out and where you are know, and whilst you may be able to play it do you actually understand what's going on in that song, have you learned stuff that you can adapt and incorporate into other songs...indeed, have you ever created anything for yourself on the guitar, even if it's just an improvised solo?

You say you need to "improve", but what do you actually mean by that. From your attitude I'd assume you mean "get faster", but speed is the least important aspect of playing the guitar. There's a whole load of other stuff that arguably needs more attention, being able to play in time and accurately, being able to cope with a variety of rhythms and time signatures, improving your pick control and economy of motion, understanding the fretboard, understanding of music theory and song structures, ear training

If you get caught up in the video game mentality of trying to beat harder and harder "bosses" to get to the end you'll be able to play a few impressive showpieces but you won't really be able to play the guitar. Satriani, Vai and Gilbert didn't get that good by thinking that way, they're pay as much attention to the basics as they do to the flashy stuff and that's what makes a great player. They also don't just play one kind of music, sure they may only record and perform a certain style but they can pretty much play ANYTHING if you ask them.

That's because they don't simply love the idea of being "good" at guitar, they just love the guitar and everything it encompasses, from lightning fast, razor sharp alt picked runs all the way to a simple, perfectly strummed A chord and everything in between. That's the most important thing you have to realise, that playing the guitar isn't a destination, it's the journey that matters. The hardest thing you can play doesn't mean a thing if it's pretty much all you can play.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Just to throw in my $0.02:

Learn a song you want to learn. It's all very well and good saying you want to improve but what difference does it make if you're not playing music that you know and like? Go through your CD or MP3 (or tape and vinyl if you're that old/old-school) collection and find a song that you listen to and think "Yeah, that sounds pretty damn cool" and learn that.

If you're not learning music you want to learn you won't do it well and I always find it easier to learn a song I'm very familiar with anyway.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.