Page 1 of 2
So my roommate has been dating this girl for a month or two and they seem to be getting along well.

What he has neglected to tell me was that he met her on eharmony or match.com or one of those websites.
He told my girlfriend that lives with us so it was only a matter of time before I found out. I guess he didn't want to tell me cause he was embarrassed nd I would definitely make fun of him, he's a tool anyway lol. I just think it's sort of a strange thing to do... I don't think I would really trust it... Maybe if I was older like I can see people with an already established life using them but he's 22.

Idk where I'm going with this, so what's your opinion?
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Wait until he finds out it's really some dude from Iran.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

not a relations ship til hers seen her fro realsies
but really i dont care how people start a relation if their happy good for them
Two friends of mine are married and they met on myyearbook.com like 4 years ago. That's like a website for 12 year old boys with vaginae. eHarmony and Match are pretty legit. If they're happy, they're happy. Don't be a dick about, dick.
I think it okay to meet people, but not to build a relationship online.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
if they date and stuff in real life that's okay, but if they're virtually dating, then that's gay.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
To clear things up they do hang out in person she's at my apartment... she's kinda awkward. On another note I forgot to add this my girlfriends mom remarried to a guy she met on a dating site and they've been married for 3 years.

I just think I would feel so weird about it. Even tho I make friends with people online I don't hang out with them... Maybe it's just because it would be harder to perceive the truth from false.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Mar 20, 2011,
As long as he doesn't get kidnapped by Persians, good for him.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
eHarmony and Match.com? Doinitwrong. OkCupid is better. First of all, it's free, and second, there are more people, many of whom are really cool. At least in my area.

I met my girlfriend through OkCupid, though, so I'm a bit biased, I suppose.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Mar 20, 2011,
I'm not one to judge people for how they find someone to date. Websites like that are great for shy people and such, as long as they are happy I don't see a problem with it.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
if they date and stuff in real life that's okay, but if they're virtually dating, then that's gay.

I had sex with a chick over the internet once. None of that pussy cyber shit, full on binary penetration all up in this bitch.
Well, the only question that comes to mind is... is she hot?

There-in lies the answer.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by toby3p0
I'm not one to judge people for how they find someone to date. Websites like that are great for shy people and such, as long as they are happy I don't see a problem with it.

Yeah, that's sort of why I resorted to dating sites. I'm painfully shy.
Quote by goest
I had sex with a chick over the internet once. None of that pussy cyber shit, full on binary penetration all up in this bitch.

Quote by Ali-b912
This thread is dildos.

Explain?!?!?
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Quote by whyze250f
So my roommate has been dating this girl for a month or two and they seem to be getting along well.

As long as this is the case I don't see why anything else would matter...
cat
Quote by guitarxo
As long as this is the case I don't see why anything else would matter...

Im more or less asking what you guys think about them. Not so much his experience, he just gave me the idea for the thread.

Edit: I'm on my phone so I'm typing quick and probably not wording things properly. But i'm in bed watching tv and it's 4am.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Mar 20, 2011,
Quote by Holy Katana
eHarmony and Match.com? Doinitwrong. OkCupid is better. First of all, it's free, and second, there are more people, many of whom are really cool. At least in my area.

I met my girlfriend through OkCupid, though, so I'm a bit biased, I suppose.

Agree. I was on OkCupid. I met so many nice girls there.
R.A.G.E.
I think they're great for people who are shy and quiet around other people. Maybe I should start using it
I think it is fine if a healthy relationship builds from meeting someone through an online dating system. It is a perfect tool for those who may find it hard to approach a stranger that they find attractive and start talking to them, or who simply do not enjoy going out to parties and shit where people to meet are plentiful. It's just a new tool and a matter of time before people no longer see it as strange in any way.
I'd give it a shot once I throw myself on the market.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I don't mind dating websites. If it is actually decent at testing compatibility. I don't think it's necessarily better or easier to find a "soulmate" online than real life, but I bet it works for a few people. You can't really help when you meet that significant other.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
I'm on OkCupid, I only went on two dates from it. Nothing came from either of them unfortunately but I made a friend from the first date. Her and I talk on a regular basis so it wasn't a total waste, though. She told me it was because I wasn't ready to move into boyfriend girlfriend status on the first date. I think that's rushing but however I am still on that site. No luck, as fatally shy as I am. I think I fare better in person. Sending an introductory message is tough for me.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
If someone uses an online dating site it's not really a big thing here in sweden, I know several people who have tried (1 is now married to the girl and the other living with one). All completely normal people I should add.

I've been one 1 date from it and might have 2 more coming up. Haven't exactly been active on it, it's more that girls message me. That's pretty rare though, it's a female's market on those sites.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Mar 20, 2011,
I don't know, but I don't rely on eMatch or others. I am confident that you will find this site to be much better. We have a new formula for detecting matches, and 95% of all people who sign up find a couple, of which 80% live together a year after.
You can't go wrong on this!
Quote by supersac
not a relations ship til hers seen her fro realsies

lolwhataloadofbullshit

On topic, I think there's nothing wrong with anyone over the legal age of dating websites to use them. Hell, I use them. Met a boyfriend last year on Geek2Geek and though our relationship ended he's still one of my close friends.
Been on a date recently from joining OkCupid and that went alright. Could have been better but that's not the fault of the site.

Only downside is I have like 30+ messages in my inbox. No time to write back to everyone, really cuts down on the time I have to do much else in a day.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
As far as I'm concerned the internet is just another place to be rejected by women.

/quote nobody will get

I was contacted once through the german version of facebook by a girl I didn't know, and another time myself contacted some girl. None of them ended up in serious relationships, but they're both very dear friends of mine and I've known them for over 4 years.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter how you meet someone, it's what happens afterwards that matters.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
lolwhataloadofbullshit

On topic, I think there's nothing wrong with anyone over the legal age of dating websites to use them. Hell, I use them. Met a boyfriend last year on Geek2Geek and though our relationship ended he's still one of my close friends.
Been on a date recently from joining OkCupid and that went alright. Could have been better but that's not the fault of the site.

Only downside is I have like 30+ messages in my inbox. No time to write back to everyone, really cuts down on the time I have to do much else in a day.

Yeah it's crazy how many messages the girls get. A few I know get just dozens per day... It's kind of like how it is on here for me. If only there were women on this site...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

I agree with this.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
it's something i've wanted to try, but won't out of fear of the stigma.
#DTWD
I may use one, I'm not sure though. How do they work?

S A D B O Y S
I was tempted to join one for a while, but didn't; I'm too proud to admit I suck at life that much I need a website to help me.
If my friends found out I'd signed up to one, they'd never stop taking the piss.

S A D B O Y S
Page 1 of 2