Page 1 of 6
All right! I grew up on the real punk back in the day and was very much a part of the scene. I wanted to comprise a list here of some of the bands that I liked from that era and even saw back from '82-'84. Here's a list of what I believe to be the best punk albums of the 80's. Feel free to comment or add your thoughts.

1. Dead Kennedy's - Plastic Surgery Disasters
2. Black Flag - Jealous Again
3. Suicidal Tendencies - Debut
4. DRI - Dirty Rotten LP / Dealing With it
5. The Exploited - Let's Start a War
6. GBH - City Baby Attacked by Rats
7. Adolescents - Adolescents
8. DI - Ancient Artifacts
9. Junior Achievement - Fade To Black
10. Youth Brigade - Sink With California
11. DOA - War on 45
12. Wasted Youth - Reagan's In
13. Dr. Know - Best of
14. TSOL - Abolish Government
15. Agent Orange - Living In Darkness
16. 7 Seconds - The Crew
17. The Varukers - Bloodsuckers
18. Discharge - Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing
19. UK Subs - Warhead
20. Agression - Don't Be Mistaken
21. Reagan Youth - A Collection of Pop Classics
22. Social Distortion - Mommy's Little Monster
23. Minor Threat - Out of Step
24. Cruci****s - Cruci****s
25. MDC - Millions of Dead Cops
Last edited by Lokki Saints at Mar 20, 2011,
You seem like an elitist douche

Those are my thoughts

edit: the lack of Rudimentary Peni, Flux of pink Indians, Subhumans, The Cramps, Dayglo Abortions, RKL, and Poison Idea, makes me a sad panda
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Last edited by DempseyPunk at Mar 20, 2011,
List lacks Rudimentary Peni. List fails.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Your list sucks, sorry!

No Amebix, Crass, Anti Cimex, Terveet Kädet, GISM, Skrewdriver, Death Side etc... sigh

lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Last edited by The Wildchild at Mar 20, 2011,
Quote by BrianApocalypse
The Exploited suck.

poser
Quote by The Wildchild
List lacks Rudimentary Peni. List fails.

>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by The Wildchild
Your list sucks, sorry!

No Amebix, Crass, Anti Cimex, Terveet Kädet, GISM, Skrewdriver, Death Side etc... sigh

Crass and Skrewdriver are okay. Musically none of the bands you have brought to the table even touch Discharge or early Varukers and discrediting or ignoring the significant bands I have listed means one thing to me... POSER! No one here on the west coast back in the early to mid 80's acknowledged any Swedish or Finnish punk bands True punk originated from the UK and the US put agression on it. So no one cares about the underground bands that you keep listing here as they didn't put any dents in the real scene here.

It's evident that you obviously Wiki and Google searched these bands. What's your point that you can find a band that was out before some of the ones I have listed? YOU = Fail!

Discharge - '77
GBH - '78
The Exploited - '79

What do you really know about punk other than searching data bases for old school punk bands to be used here for your pissing match?
(Invalid img)

Just throwing that out there, 'cause, you know. Yeah.

Also

Quote by Lokki Saints
True punk originated from the UK and the US put agression on it.

I...what?

Also also eew Skrewdriver
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Black Flag- Damaged
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Hah this is the same list that other guy made that was all like "modern music is way too commercial and for posers blah blah blah". My guess is it's the same guy. Anyways dude's obviously a poser, not only does he have crap like The Exploited and Social D on there but also Plastic Surgery Disasters over Fresh Fruit?
I'm an asshole.
I think the Minutemen's What Makes a Man Start Fires? & Double Nickels on the Dime need to be mentioned, so I'll mention them. Great punk albums, or greatest punk albums?

Quote by lookpizza
but also Plastic Surgery Disasters over Fresh Fruit?

I'm gonna defend that choice, Plastic Surgery Disasters was always my favorite DK album.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Mar 20, 2011,
Also, no Deep Wound, Gang Green, Jerry's Kids, Conflict, JFA, Battalion of Saints, Cro-mags, not to mention shit already mentioned like Descendents, Crass, Rudimentary Peni.

Your list sucks dude, I know more about 80's punk than you and I was born in '87.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by Lokki Saints
You're entitled to your opinion Brian however, Green Day is not a punk band and seeing it listed on your favorites on your page makes one think that maybe your opinion is of little value here.

Punk=/=good. The Exploited don't suck because they aren't punk, they suck because they suck.
Quote by SuperBlob
(Invalid img)

Just throwing that out there, 'cause, you know. Yeah.

a million times yes

edit: on a side note, there are plenty of good bands making NEW music that's reeely reeely good. sticking to one era is like living in a box and pretending time stopped
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Mar 20, 2011,
Quote by Lokki Saints
You're entitled to your opinion Brian however, Green Day is not a punk band and seeing it listed on your favorites on your page makes one think that maybe your opinion is of little value here.

Yeah, well I guess I'd rather like a band of questionable commercial integrity than a band of questionable racial and sexual political integrity. And questionable talent, of course, because THE EXPLOITED suck.

Also, by listed Green Day on my page I'm in no, way, shape or form suggesting that they are a punk band. Your logic is flawed, which explains why you think that THE EXPLOITED are good.
Quote by lookpizza
Hah this is the same list that other guy made that was all like "modern music is way too commercial and for posers blah blah blah". My guess is it's the same guy. Anyways dude's obviously a poser, not only does he have crap like The Exploited and Social D on there but also Plastic Surgery Disasters over Fresh Fruit?

It's great seeing people post there two cents on a scene they were never a part of and attempt to call out someone who was.

Plastic Surgery was THE album for DK back in the 80's not Fresh Fruit For Rotten Vegtables. This clearly shows you have no idea what you speak of here.

Quote by lookpizza
Also, no Deep Wound, Gang Green, Jerry's Kids, Conflict, JFA, Battalion of Saints, Cro-mags, not to mention shit already mentioned like Descendents, Crass, Rudimentary Peni.

Your list sucks dude, I know more about 80's punk than you and I was born in '87.

I can pipe off another 100 bands that are better and actually known. What's with the RP crap anyway on this forum they weren't as big as all of you morons think. They have never played in the US. Besides I'll take Discharge before your beloved Regurgitated Penis

JFA? I peronally know Bam Bam and use to skate with him as well as Jon Yousko and Steve Marinick and hung with Battalion of Saints back before the BYO tour and four years before your momma forgot to swallow.

What makes you think you know more about the scene my generation helped evolve? You weren't there, you never witnessed any of these bands in their prime. So how can you know more than me? LMFAO Is it because you dowloaded a track or an album by a punk band that is 31 years old and you listenend to it? This gives you more knowlegde than me when I was there in Phoenix, LA and Ventura County from 1980-1985 at most of the shows and events going on in the underground punk scene.

Guess what? ZZZZZzzzzzzz you bore me.

Quote by BrianApocalypse
Yeah, well I guess I'd rather like a band of questionable commercial integrity than a band of questionable racial and sexual political integrity. And questionable talent, of course, because THE EXPLOITED suck.

Also, by listed Green Day on my page I'm in no, way, shape or form suggesting that they are a punk band. Your logic is flawed, which explains why you think that THE EXPLOITED are good.

You have Green Day listed as one of your favorites then you come here to deabte REAl punk with your opinion. It was quite logical to place one and one together and realize you have no idea what the punk scene was about. It wasn't meant to be pretty, nice, commercial and void of racial or politcal views moron. That's why they called it punk music and not POP like your favorite band Green Day.

Geez... Next!
Quote by Lokki Saints
You have Green Day listed as one of your favorites then you come here to deabte REAl punk with your opinion. It was quite logical to place one and one together and realize you have no idea what the punk scene was about. It wasn't meant to be pretty, nice, commercial and void of racial or politcal views moron. That's why they called it punk music and not POP like your favorite band Green Day.

Geez... Next!
You can listen to Green Day and punk.

Next!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Lokki Saints

Geez... Next!

I should probably be bothered by this, but I don't take umbradge to your kind: washed up losers with midlife crises who feel the need to brag to a load of kids on a web forum about how cool they were in the 1980's, when really they're nobodies and the only thing in the world left for them is the retirement home where all the inmates have mysterious bruises.
Quote by Lokki Saints

So Punk pop isn't Punk?

That's just plain stupid. That's like saying Mötley Crüe isn't metal because they don't sound like Slayer, Cannibal Corpse or any other sub genre of metal you can think of
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by Lokki Saints
It's great seeing people post there two cents on a scene they were never a part of and attempt to call out someone who was.

Yea man, it's impossible to make a judgement on music if you weren't there right? Christ you're a ****ing hypocrite, you're sitting here insulting music for not being "punk" enough and spouting out about bands like Green Day and shit when you obviously aren't a part of that scene. I can call you out because you're obviously a moron.
Plastic Surgery was THE album for DK back in the 80's not Fresh Fruit For Rotten Vegtables. This clearly shows you have no idea what you speak of here.

Plastic Surgery Disasters sucked, Fresh Fruit ruled. This clearly shows you have no idea of what you speak of here.
I can pipe off another 100 bands that are better and actually known.

Yea man, notoriety is a real important aspect of punk music. You've clearly got your priorities straight.
What's with the RP crap anyway on this forum they weren't as big as all of you morons think.

Yea man, notoriety is a real important aspect of punk music. You've clearly got your priorities straight.
They have never played in the US. Besides I'll take Discharge before your beloved Regurgitated Penis

Penis discharge? Sounds serious.
JFA? I peronally know Bam Bam and use to skate with him as well as Jon Yousko and Steve Marinick and hung with Battalion of Saints back before the BYO tour and four years before your momma forgot to swallow

Oh yea? Have you seen Billy Wedgeworth lately? Poor guy, hung himself in a jail cell. He used to drive me to shows. How bout Casey Royer? He gave me free tickets to final Galaxy show, he's a good guy but his sons a dick. Mike Saunders bought me beer when I played with Angry Samoans. Hey next time you see Mike Ness can you tell him I had fun at his sons play and all but I had still had to put a hold on his Blockbuster account cause he never paid the late fees.
Hey look! I can namedrop aged punk rawkers too!
What makes you think you know more about the scene my generation helped evolve?

I highly doubt you helped evolve anything. You don't even seem fully evolved yourself.
You weren't there, you never witnessed any of these bands in their prime.
So how can you know more than me? LMFAO Is it because you dowloaded a track or an album by a punk band that is 31 years old and you listenend to it? This gives you more knowlegde than me when I was there in Phoenix, LA and Ventura County from 1980-1985 at most of the shows and events going on in the underground punk scene.

Wow you went to some shows in the 80's! That's radical man. I've been to literally thousands of shows but I've never realized that it gave me some sort of magical insight that increased my ability to listen to and understand music. I guess I'll just never know what punk is because I didn't see the most popular punk bands in the 80's. Shucks.
Guess what? ZZZZZzzzzzzz you bore me.

It must be the old age. I understand, it must be hard being so tired and over the hill.
I'm an asshole.

This is the guy.

Now picture this guy sitting at home arguing punk with kids on the internet.

Listen to the music on his profile, it's like he wishes he was Slash it's great.

So punx man.
I'm an asshole.
Last edited by lookpizza at Mar 20, 2011,
Quote by lookpizza
Plastic Surgery Disasters sucked, Fresh Fruit ruled. This clearly shows you have no idea of what you speak of here.

GTFO.
Quote by neidnarb11890
GTFO.

You can disregard that statement. I respect your opinion.
I'm an asshole.
Green Day is way more punk than any band Lokki posted, because they are way bigger than any of those bands. You guys are posers.

Anyways, it's crazy to say Plastic Surgery Disasters is better than Fresh Fruit. Fresh Fruit is one of the best albums ever.
Last edited by due 07 at Mar 20, 2011,
Quote by due 07
Anyways, it's crazy to say Plastic Surgery Disasters is better than Fresh Fruit. Fresh Fruit is one of the best albums ever.

GTFO.
Holy shit what a silly thread.

If you're looking for a conversation with other people who were active in the scene in the 80's, you won't find it here. I don't think there's anybody over 25 here.

If you want to discuss bands that were good in the 80's, don't assume everybody else's opinion isn't valid because they weren't there.
Quote by Lokki Saints
No one here on the west coast back in the early to mid 80's acknowledged any Swedish or Finnish punk bands True punk originated from the UK and the US put agression on it. So no one cares about the underground bands that you keep listing here as they didn't put any dents in the real scene here.

MRR was covering international punk bands in the early 80's... based outta the west coast. Somebody cared apparently.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I should probably be bothered by this, but I don't take umbradge to your kind:

Stop posting here and I'm sure you will be just fine.

washed up losers with midlife crises who feel the need to brag to a load of kids on a web forum about how cool they were in the 1980's, when really they're nobodies and the only thing in the world left for them is the retirement home where all the inmates have mysterious bruises.

Really? All punks were washed up losers who bragged, started fights, stole, drank and never really amounted to sh*t what else is new?
Quote by lookpizza
Yea man, it's impossible to make a judgement on music if you weren't there right? Christ you're a ****ing hypocrite, you're sitting here insulting music for not being "punk" enough and spouting out about bands like Green Day and shit when you obviously aren't a part of that scene. I can call you out because you're obviously a moron.

The scene categorizes the music and if you weren't there then... well..yeah! Yeah, I'm not a part of the Green Day bubble gum pop scene and I can tell you as well as any idiot could that they are not punk. So, what was your gibberish rant about?

The bands I listed all gained their notoriety from underground cult followings and not from mainstream media hype like Green Day. So, when DK's album Plastic Surgery has out sold Fresh Fruit for years then obviously it isn't hard to tell which album the fans liked better. Plastic Surgery is far more political and far more musically advanced than fresh Fruit and that is the real reason why it is number one.

Oh yea? Have you seen Billy Wedgeworth lately? Poor guy, hung himself in a jail cell. He used to drive me to shows. How bout Casey Royer? He gave me free tickets to final Galaxy show, he's a good guy but his sons a dick. Mike Saunders bought me beer when I played with Angry Samoans. Hey next time you see Mike Ness can you tell him I had fun at his sons play and all but I had still had to put a hold on his Blockbuster account cause he never paid the late fees.
Hey look! I can namedrop aged punk rawkers too!

You're such a punker let me tell ya! Blockbuster employee... Punker? Poser! all the skins, punks and squatters I knew didn't have f****g jobs jock boy!

I highly doubt you helped evolve anything. You don't even seem fully evolved yourself.

Little do you know...

Wow you went to some shows in the 80's! That's radical man. I've been to literally thousands of shows but I've never realized that it gave me some sort of magical insight that increased my ability to listen to and understand music. I guess I'll just never know what punk is because I didn't see the most popular punk bands in the 80's. Shucks.

It must be the old age. I understand, it must be hard being so tired and over the hill.

Sure dude not knockin' that a 15 year old can't listen or understand punk music from the 80's but they will never understand the scene, the lifestyle and the attitude that went with it. Here's some advice to ya, go watch The Decline of Western Civilization and see how glamerous my childhood really was moron. We weren't showing up to shows with new rides, credit cards, cell phones and going to college moron. We weren't playing in a band with new gear purchased from guitar center either. You didn't live it then, you won't truly understand it now don't matter how many f*****g bands you listen to or research.
Quote by lookpizza

Listen to the music on his profile, it's like he wishes he was Slash it's great.

So punx man.

Wow! Nice collar there punker! You sure made me look like an ass didn't you? This huckleberry doesn't even have any music posted yet he takes shots at others music here. I can play Slash's guitar parts all day and I can play any punk song, Yngwie and Mozart what's your point? I have no idea where you got Slash from when anyone can go to my page and clearly hear that my playing style is progressive neoclassical metal. I'm sure you don't know what that is though... ZZZzzz
For the record, I never claimed I was a "punker". I just claimed I knew more about music than you. Which I assure you I do. It's funny though, you claim to know so much about punk then use album sales and notoriety to try and prove your points? Real punk rock man. You're what like 40 years old now, and still talking shit on things like jobs and college? It's ****ing pathetic. I'm guessing you were never part of the scene. I'm guessing I know more people who were legitimately part of the scene back in the day. I'm certain I know more people currently part of the scene. I'm guessing I've gone to more shows than you. I'm guessing I've played more shows than you. I've seen The Decline of Western Civilization, wasn't Fear in that? I've played shows with Fear, have you? You wanna have a punk rock pissing contest?

Why don't try growing up a little. It's depressing to think that someone "part of" a great scene could grow into such a pathetic sudo-elitist.
I'm an asshole.