My band recently had a gig in a somewhat old/sketchy theater, where I was told they've had issues with power before (lights dimming, stuff not getting grounded, all sorts of fun stuff). While I played there, I had 2 issues. First one was my dirty channel cutting out (volume wise, it could still be heard but was incredibly quiet). It would suddenly cut out, but usually came back in a minute or so. The other problem was it picking up a radio station on both channels whenever I stopped playing This only happened during the show, not during soundcheck. The amp is a Crate Vintage Club 30 (Feel free to Crate bash, but I love how this thing sounds).

Should I take it into my tech to get it checked out, or was it more than likely the venue we were in?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Is the amp still doing it now? If not, its almost certainly the venue, especially since you say they've had issues with power before.
Not so sure about the dirty channel problem, but with regards to the radio thing: do you use a wireless system with your guitar? If its poorly shielded it could easily pick up radio transmissions, especially if you're near an airport/taxi depot/police station etc etc. Havent you seen This Is Spinal Tap ?
That sounds almost like a bad preamp tube. Does it have these issues now that you have the amp away from the venue, is the $60,000 question?

I also agree with the question about the wireless. It would be helpful to note your signal chain. Whenever you encounter problems, you start outside and work your way in. Eliminate FX and cables and other external causes before looking at the amp itself.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Last edited by ConfederateAxe at Mar 20, 2011,
I don't use a wireless system, so the radio station wouldn't be anything to do with that. I haven't had the issues since then, but I live in an apartment so I can't really turn the amp up or play for too long.

As far as it being a bad preamp tube, I actually just had one of the tubes replaced because it had gone microphonic (sp?) and was giving me a high pitched ringing sound. Could the guy have done something wrong while installing it?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo