1. I don't like making drum tracks very much so I tried to drop a drum midi loop onto a blank track that I got off the Fender G-Dec software. Upon playback the gages in Reaper are moving but no sound. I then deleted that track, converted the midi file with Reaper to a .wav and tried dropping it into another blank track, same thing. The output and all settings seem the same as when I playback a VST drum track I create and also the guitar tracks. What am I doing wrong?

2. I have read that you can hook a Rock Band drum kit up to your computer as a midi device to control a VST kit. How do you do this and what do I need? I'm using the GTG DPC 3 as the drum module.
Have a VSTi in your fx chain. To do this, download one and put it in the REAPER plugins folder (should be a dll. file)
Sig.
I have the GTG DPC 3 drum VSTi in that folder and have used it before, but how do I hook up the drum kit from a rock band / guitar hero game to enable me to trigger the kit with it?
Quote by david1707
how do I hook up the drum kit from a rock band / guitar hero game to enable me to trigger the kit with it?

wut?

If you import the midi into reaper all you should have to do is click on the track's FX button, select the VSTi from the list and load the kit. That should be all. You do have the VST folder added in reaper, right?
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
I seem to be misunderstood. I have a Wii drum kit. I want to use that to trigger the drum beats on a VST kit. How do I hook the kit up to a computer and then configure everything so it will work as the trigger?
Well try hooking it up first, windows might have the drivers already. Then in reaper, you'll need to set your midi device to that drum kit. See if when you hit record, it lays down the midi files. Once it has, apply the drum VST to your midi track.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Also, Make sure your midi volume is turned up in windows volume control
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's