Howdy,

Finally decided to get a semi-decent guitar. I've had an Ibanez RG270 for the last 2 years and I really like the necks so I really wanted to stay with another Ibanez. After checking out the different 2011 flavors I decided on the RGA72QME. Fixed bridge and EMG 81/85 stock meant minimal setup which is what a nub tub like me wants in a guitar.

It plays super nice. Setup out of the box was pretty spot on. There were some intonation issues which were harder to fix than they should have been (the saddle pieces don't move very easily at all). If you like Ibanez necks it's just a fun guitar to play. One weird thing: the bridge pickup is in a weird place, and I've found that I had to alter my usual position of where I palm mute. Not sure why Ibanez choose that location. Any insight?

The build....yeah. Well there's little signs of greatness. The trim is really nice and the fretboard was really smooth, but there were definitely things that were overlooked which should not have been in a guitar in this range. There is a tuner that is super loose that I noticed when I changed strings, and the eyelet cover for the string through portion was not glued down and fell out. Pretty annoying.

The sound...it's basically a Les Paul with a super strat body type. I was really surprised (happily) that it gave that warm thick chunk sound. I'm still tweaking my stuff to dial in a tone. Sonically it seems to be versatile but obviously leaning towards a dense rhythm style guitar.

Oh yeah picture.

I may or may not be a professional photographer.
Last edited by dagookfather at Mar 20, 2011,
Shiiiit that is sexy
GAS

I hate you
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by dagookfather

The trim is really nice and the fretboard was really smooth, but there were definitely things that were overlooked which should not have been in a guitar in this range.

What rice range might that be ?
btw terrible picture !
The backdrop was made for a model shoot. It's 4 pieces of 2"x3" poster board. I punched holes in them by hand in the shape of constellations. I also pumped a fog machine just to the right of the frame so it would show the light shafts. There's also 4 flashes behind making the lights.
Quote by dagookfather
The backdrop was made for a model shoot. It's 4 pieces of 2"x3" poster board. I punched holes in them by hand in the shape of constellations. I also pumped a fog machine just to the right of the frame so it would show the light shafts. There's also 4 flashes behind making the lights.

Looks great; do you have anymore pics of the guitar?
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Haha wow awesome picture. Before I read your quib about photography I figured you were lazy and it was a stock catalogue picture. Well done on both the nod and picture. Enjoy.
Quote by dagookfather

I may or may not be a professional photographer.

Haha nicee. HNGD!
damn nice picture, sick guitar bro, looks sexy as hell.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Looks great; do you have anymore pics of the guitar?

I do. They weren't as far out so I didn't know if people wanted to see them. I guess this being UG it's a yes. I updated my original post to include.
nice guitar. even nicer picture.

only camera i have in on my iphone haha.
HNGDizzay! Decent pics too.

got any other pics of different guitars/gear?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
What kind of camera do you have btw, those pics are awesome.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Thanks for the compliments. I use a couple different Nikons right now, but main camera is a D7000. The lighting is the most important part though. For anything shiny you kind of want to indirectly light it. From the side is a good starting point but there's so many variables I couldn't recommend just shoot from the side as a blanket statement.

Pretty much all of these shots have a huge silver reflector that I kind of wrap on the opposite side to bring out the chrome stuff as well as making the other side of the guitar have the white wrapping.

Quote by JAHellraiser

got any other pics of different guitars/gear?

Not really. This is my first nice piece of gear that is really worth showing. My neighbor has a wall of vintage fender twin reverbs so I'll see if I can photo his gear. He has about 10 vintage guitars in the 1k+ range as well.
Holy shit, that thing looks sexy. I want one soo bad now... Thx for that
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
Those pictures, holy shit. AWESOME

HNMFGD!
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?