Well, I was searching guitars on Thomann, and I was looking at the Epiphone Dot, but I was then looking at other guitars in my price range of 300-350 euro price range, give or take. So, basically I found the Nighthawk and I was intrigued by it's apperance and some of it's features, so I was wondering which is better for my style.

My style ranges from classic rock (AC/DC, Queen, Rush, Aerosmith) to Blues. (SRV, Rory Gallagher, BB King)

so, what would really be the better guitar for these?

I currently have a Vox VT20+, and I'm looking into getting a BlackHeart Handsome Devil (any suggestions on a better amp than this will be appreciated, the amp budget being about 500 euro)

I live near Dublin, I don't entirely mind going used, but it can be hard to find some things.
Quote by dann_blood
Proof he's a communist! He finally comes out, the nazi!
I own both guitars and both are absolutely wonderful pieces of art and have beautiful sounds that can be used in most situations. In my personal opinion I think that the dot would be much better served for primarily more bluesier and jazz type work although it fits the bill for classic rock work just fine. I just got my Nighthawk very recently and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite guitars ever to play. It is incredibly comfortable to play and with its unique pickup combination and the ability to coil tap the two humbuckers it can cover anything that you want it too. So personally I would say go with the Nighthawk, although availability may be a problem for a while as they are very new to the market (if you are looking at a new model), and incredibly popular. Take it or leave it. This is just my suggestion from owning both incredible instruments and if you had enough disposable income, I would get both. You can never have too many guitars. I play my guitars through a Marshall MG50DFX and can pry almost any sound I want from it, especially with the help of pedals.
Quote by paul.a.hanson
I own both guitars and both are absolutely wonderful pieces of art and have beautiful sounds that can be used in most situations. In my personal opinion I think that the dot would be much better served for primarily more bluesier and jazz type work although it fits the bill for classic rock work just fine. I just got my Nighthawk very recently and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite guitars ever to play. It is incredibly comfortable to play and with its unique pickup combination and the ability to coil tap the two humbuckers it can cover anything that you want it too. So personally I would say go with the Nighthawk, although availability may be a problem for a while as they are very new to the market (if you are looking at a new model), and incredibly popular. Take it or leave it. This is just my suggestion from owning both incredible instruments and if you had enough disposable income, I would get both. You can never have too many guitars. I play my guitars through a Marshall MG50DFX and can pry almost any sound I want from it, especially with the help of pedals.

They're in stock at thomann right now, so there's not much of a problem of getting one(:
Quote by dann_blood
Proof he's a communist! He finally comes out, the nazi!
It really depends on whether you prefer solid vs. hollow and if you want a coil tap. They're both fine guitars.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by bazo666
Well, I was searching guitars on Thomann, and I was looking at the Epiphone Dot, but I was then looking at other guitars in my price range of 300-350 euro price range, give or take. So, basically I found the Nighthawk and I was intrigued by it's apperance and some of it's features, so I was wondering which is better for my style.

My style ranges from classic rock (AC/DC, Queen, Rush, Aerosmith) to Blues. (SRV, Rory Gallagher, BB King)

so, what would really be the better guitar for these?

I currently have a Vox VT20+, and I'm looking into getting a BlackHeart Handsome Devil (any suggestions on a better amp than this will be appreciated, the amp budget being about 500 euro)

I live near Dublin, I don't entirely mind going used, but it can be hard to find some things.

I think the Dot (Semi-Hollow) fits your style more than the Nighthawk.
It wasn't in stock when I visited thomann the last time, so I couldn't test it.
I'm gassing myself for the black Nighthawk - just to get the "fenderish" feeling.

As an owner of the Handsome Devil - all I can say is......
it's a well built, good-sounding amp!
I actually have a Nighhawk on order the guitar is amazing. I got to play a promo model and I didn't want to give it up. The guitar blew me away it is just such a great guitar in all aspects. I have to say the Nighthawk and the DOT are totally different animals. I am not a DOT guitarist so I could say I would easily prefer the Nighthawk over the DOT.

John
I prefer the Dot though I mainly use mine for jazz.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
i say go with the nighthawk. i got mine this summer and it plays wonderful. if you get the nighthawk, make sure you have either d'addario light strings, or ernie balls super slinky, because ive tied using heavier strings like fender super heavy, but it sounds kinda off unless if your in bb or drop c tuning and playing fast beat heavy metal songs. i have to say i love the coil tap on the nighthawk, you could be playing old rock like sunshine of your love and then you can switch to enter sandman without having to change the settingson your amp to get the right sound, all you have to do is flick the coil tap and your ready to go. the one bad thing i can say about the nighthawk is fingerprints. i have the black version, and on stage when the lights hitting it you can see all of the fingerprints so you better invest in a good polishing kit. thanks for reading this.