pit, any good virus protection software? or is norton the way to go?
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
avast

EDIT: its FREE too
My Set-Up Thus Far:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (ebony)
-Fender DeVille Hot Rod 112
-BOSS Grunge pedal

BAYSIDE IS A CULT
Ive been using norton for a decade now, so ive seen the improvements lol
Back in the day it was terrible which is why we have so many norton bashers around these days but its good lol but there is better..
And like most people will say, theres alot of free software about some of its decent.
aaaand.... avast works better than norton?
P.s. its not free :/ liar :p haha
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Me, my friends and family have been using AVG Anti-Virus Free for years now, without a single problem so far.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Blackritual0
aaaand.... avast works better than norton?
P.s. its not free :/ liar :p haha

It is free! Just download the trial/free version and it'll let you register for the completely free version. I promise. I just did it last week on both my desktop and laptop last week haha.

EDIT: I was talking to a guy that does network security for the govt and he said norton is sh*t
My Set-Up Thus Far:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (ebony)
-Fender DeVille Hot Rod 112
-BOSS Grunge pedal

BAYSIDE IS A CULT
F-secure is probably by far the best anti virus available, much better than the likes of AVG or Norton, you do however have to pay for it.

For free software I use Panda which I would say is the best free anti virus
- THIS IS MY SIG -
BEHOLD ITS AWESOMENESS
I'm pretty sure that you have to buy it, but I have had Kapersky for almost a year now and there have been very few problems. The only thing it asks about that gets kinda annoying are .exe files.

I haven't used free AVP since I got sick of Norton not being able to do anything but tell you that you had a virus, and that it couldn't do a damned thing about it.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I switched from Norton 360 to Avira Premium Security Suite. It is not the most user friendly piece of software but it does the job very well and is not as intrusive as Norton in my experience. However, I would only really recommend it if you have a generally good grasp of computing because if you want to play around with advanced settings and stuff it is not the easiest thing to work out how to do. They do a free version on www.avira.com which so far I have found is one of the best free anti-virus bits of software (I use it on older pc's that don't get used that much). Hope this helps!
Last edited by tommyza at Mar 20, 2011,
Norton is a beast and will slow your computer down.

Go with an AVG and MalwareBytes combo.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Quote by RPBiohazard

Careful, guys, she might be a pitophile

you misspelled pedophile

Quote by Garou1911
^
Eset NOD 32. Best thing ever.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
I use Avast, never had any problems. I've recently started using Malwarebytes for the occasional scan, but running it all the time it's kind of a resource hog.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I use Avira Free Edition.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
anyone know if having more than one antivirus programs will cause any problems?
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.