Hey all.
Does the Vox vt20+ take pedals well?
Can I combine it with a jemini distortion to have a fat thick tone?
I have my own external effects loop (BOSS BCB-60) so thats no problem.
What would you guys give it from 1 to 10?
an 8.
My VT50 takes pedals great ON CERTAIN SETTINGS. but 8/10 settings take pedals great, hence the 8 I have you. I have used like, 8 different overdrives/distortions, a few wahs, and a few delays and flanges. Under the right settings they work great!
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
I had a ad series vt for awhile and it wouldnt even take a wah imo all modelers dont take pedals, yea you can use them with pedals but they sound pretty horrible.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
^ That hardly made any sense... "Imo all modelers dont take pedals" Thats what you are going to get on UG... I have gigged with my VT50 and pedals, its great, dont let the UG status quo corrupt you...

Maybe the AD he talked about was different, but technology has greatly improved...
(PM Me.)
Last edited by evhbrianmay at Mar 20, 2011,
most the people that say that has used a high gain model amp setting and added a dist. pedal...yea it would sound bad.. try turning the gain up on a 6505 then putting a distortion pedal infront of it. same result.
Ive used a clean model amp setting and it took a distortion pedal well.
Quote by dlowe102
most the people that say that has used a high gain model amp setting and added a dist. pedal...yea it would sound bad.. try turning the gain up on a 6505 then putting a distortion pedal infront of it. same result.
Ive used a clean model amp setting and it took a distortion pedal well.

How about a little bit of crunch and then buzzing it up with a lower gain pedal?
That works good, I do that often
(PM Me.)