So I have a Oscar Schmidt OG2CE and whenever I bend the string after about the second fret I'll get a scratching type scraping noise. It happens on all 6 strings and I think it's from the contact of the string and the frets.

Any ideas on why it's happening and how I might go about fixing it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Is it from the fret you're bending on? If so, how rough are the frets? put a little wd40 on the top of it so there's less friction.

might work..
Its from the guitar. I have one like that may not be exact model but I get a little bit of that. I wouldnt worry about it as long as your neck and bridge is fine
Thanks, I figured it was something like that. The sound comes from the fret that im bending at and most of the ones before it.
So what does your Oscar look like? Mine has 24 frets with single single double pickups and 1 vol and 1 tone nob with multi colors on black. (Sorry if Im annoying you lol, your the 1st person I know with an Oscar besides me lol)
Hah, no problem. Like this:

So pretty different than yours I can imagine
VERY hahaha, its looks alot better than mine does lol. I only payed half price on mine with some other things for $190.
Quote by Silent Murder
Is it from the fret you're bending on? If so, how rough are the frets? put a little wd40 on the top of it so there's less friction.

might work..

Don't ever do this. Use lemon oil,(never a petroleum based product) and the noise is probably from the frets not being polished. No real harm but, it will wear on the string a bit until the frets break in by the strings bends themselves polishing the frets.
Quote by k.tripoli
Don't ever do this. Use lemon oil,(never a petroleum based product) and the noise is probably from the frets not being polished. No real harm but, it will wear on the string a bit until the frets break in by the strings bends themselves polishing the frets.

Hah, thanks, it would't surprise me if that was the case, don't use that guitar a whole lot.