Well, first off, how "dead accurate" should intonation be? I mean, it's okay that if I play the 12th fret it kinda fluctuates between perfect and a bit sharp, or does it have to STAY perfect? Also, my G string makes this really weird metallic buzzy sound (and they're pretty much a new set of strings, maybe a month old tops.) I've recorded an mp3 that demonstrates it. You should be able to definitely tell when it does. I just play each string a few times basically. THE MP3 IS HERE

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kodi
Should be about 10 cents or the first dot either way when you look at your tuner, but it also depends on how long you sustain the note, the effects and how good your vibrato is.

Check the harmonic on the 12 fret, if it's not in tune then you might have to fix the action and intonation of the guitar.
As for the intonation, the harder you hit the string the more the pitch will fluctuate (going sharp, to be specific). When you tune, try to hit the string as lightly as possible, or just tune the pitch that it settles on.

Before listening to the mp3, I can tell you that the buzzing sound is probably fret buzz. You might want to raise the action or replace the nut.

After listening to the mp3, I can honestly say that I didn't hear anything. Re-record it with a clean tone so it's easier for us to make it out.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Whenever I change strings on my guitars, I check the intonation. If it's off in the slightest, I adjust it.
Okay another weird question. My Digitech RP255's built in tuner reads the D string in tune, then I plug it into a KORG little tuner, and it reads it's sharp. :S Which do I trust? All the other strings read perfectly in tune on both.
Quote by Sean0913
I thought we went over this...

Sean

Yeah, I was gonna ask you but you weren't on so I just posted here. And I double checked and the G string sounds fine now. Kinda metallicish but I think that's just the strings themselves. I think it was just really late last night and I was hearing things to be honest.
Quote by kodihook
Okay another weird question. My Digitech RP255's built in tuner reads the D string in tune, then I plug it into a KORG little tuner, and it reads it's sharp. :S Which do I trust? All the other strings read perfectly in tune on both.
I wouldn't trust the built in tuners on Digitech multi-effect pedals, those little Korg tuners are pretty reliable.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
I wouldn't trust the built in tuners on Digitech multi-effect pedals, those little Korg tuners are pretty reliable.

It's one of the little like $20 ones, I dunno if that matters. But man really? I would've thought the pedal would've been better considering price difference.
Quote by kodihook
It's one of the little like $20 ones, I dunno if that matters. But man really? I would've thought the pedal would've been better considering price difference.
$20 devoted completely to a tuner is going to be a lot more reliable than $150 devoted to effects with a tuner as an extra.

Just think, the little tuner's main purpose is to tell you if your strings are in tune. The effects pedal's main purpose is to give you effects. Plus Korg is known for making great tuners. Digitech isn't.
-Chick Corea
Yeah I guess that makes sense.I guess intonation's good. Some are just a fuzz flat or sharp but oh well. Best I can do
That's what I told you - your sweetens the signal...and it seems to wash out the overtones to dumb it down. You really, truthfully need a strobe tuner for good intonation. But you cant afford one. Usually big shops and pro guys have them on hand, and theres a learning curve to them.

You have a twist in the neck and I have helped you as far as I can short of examining your instrument in person. I think the operative word here is, compromise, and you probably need to live with the imperfections that you have. Its still a damn good guitar for the money, but you might be getting all that you're bound to get from it till you get that sweet upgrade

Sean