I'm looking for recording headphones;

Budget: $150-ish
New only

I mostly record rock music.
Sennheiser HD280s are my favorite that i've tried. they seem to be very well balanced. they didn't seem to hype anything at all. I also found them to be very comfortable too so using them for long periods of time shouldn't bother you too much.

and of course, i have to toss this out there... for mixing you'll be better off with a decent pair or monitors.
ATH-M50 compares better over the HD280s based on many reviews I've seen on different sites. I personally like them and find them to be very comfortable. They are also METAlliance certified if that means anything to you. You can find them floating between the price of $100-150.
Quote by lextexrex
ATH-M50 compares better over the HD280s based on many reviews I've seen on different sites. I personally like them and find them to be very comfortable. They are also METAlliance certified if that means anything to you. You can find them floating between the price of $100-150.

+1

I own a pair and they are by far the best headphones i've ever used.
When you say recording headphones, do you just mean for tracking? At least, I hope you understand the huge flaws to mixing with headphones and are certain it's your only option... other than for tracking, I think anyone outside a major studio that spends much money on headphones should do some more research!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.