Hi, I recently made a thread, searching a guitar (here ). I still have to choose, but it will be one of the folowing guitars (and probably the first one):

- Ibanez S5470
- ESP Horizon NT-II

But, neither of these guitars have the pickups I want, so... I'm already looking for some pickups.

Now, I was going for the Seymour Duncan Blackouts, BUT... I took a look at Bareknuckle Pickups and they sound AWESOME. But, wich one to choose? Tones I like can be found in my previous thread (in the OP). I'm the lead guitarist of a thrash metal band, so...

Please help me! I have no experience with Bareknuckle whatsoever.

Gear: ENGL Blackmore + 412 ENGL Cab + (prolly) Ibanez S5470 with ... pickups.

I just want 2 High-gain Humbuckers (absolute favourite tonez would be Rhythm from Evile's Plague to end all Plagues and solo sound from Megadeths Endgame).

Thanks in advance.
1) Open Google Translator
2) Set it from English to Vietnamese
3) Type "Will Justin Bieber ever hit puberty"
4) Translate
5) Copy the Vietnamese text
6) Translate back from Vietnamese to English
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
well bareknuckels are really good if you want some high output metal pups tyr out the warpig or painkiller pups they have
well, thats the problem, i cant seem to find Bareknuckles ANYWHERE except for their own site and guitarasylum.com: not at thomann, not at musicstore.com , not at my local shops, zzsounds, sweetwater. WTF???
4) Translate
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
Quote by bartnijman
well, thats the problem, i cant seem to find Bareknuckles ANYWHERE except for their own site and guitarasylum.com: not at thomann, not at musicstore.com , not at my local shops, zzsounds, sweetwater. WTF???

i beleive you order them of their site in fact i think if yuo ask they can customize the pups exactly how you want
you can call them or email them if you have any questions
I like my Aftermaths though the Painkillers are good too.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
well it depends on what guitar youre choosing mate.

for the S5470, id recommend a set of painkillers, or a painkiller bridge, cold sweat neck.

for the horizon, id recommend a nailbomb set.
i want lots of bass and lots of highs, wich would be best?
4) Translate
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
Ceramic Nailbomb or Miracle Man would best, when i'm only looking at these bars at the right (when you go to the pickups on the official site).
4) Translate
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
email tim at bareknuckle tell him your gear and the sort of tone youre after and he will advise you
I Am Hated
7 String Legion

Ibanez RG1527 prestige (BKP Aftermath)
Ibanez MTM2 black (rockmonkey SoB)
Ibanez MTM2 white (Blackout AHB-3)
Squier "custom" strat (Hot Slag)
Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w 112
Pitchblack
TS-9
NS-2
MXR 10 band eq
thanks, will do that... (right now or tomorow morning)
4) Translate
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
Quote by bartnijman

you have to realize that both guitars are made out of different woods and are constructed differently.

same pickups will sound different in two guitars, unless theyre EMGs.

not that you care about what i say
lots of stores stock bareknuckles. there should be a dealer list on their website. but it's probably handier to just order from them as then you don't have to rely on dealer stock.

That being said, I would get the guitar first- you might love the stock pickups. And if you don't, you'll know exactly what you want the new pickups to change about the tone of your guitar.

Plus if you add the cost of bareknuckles to your guitar budget you could maybe just get a better guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Arterial
you have to realize that both guitars are made out of different woods and are constructed differently.

same pickups will sound different in two guitars, unless theyre EMGs.

not that you care about what i say

of course i care

but i know you are right. thats why i stated that i'm prolly going to buy the ibanez. its 300 euros cheaper here, just enough for me to buy a calibrated set of bareknuckle humbuckers

lots of stores stock bareknuckles. there should be a dealer list on their website. but it's probably handier to just order from them as then you don't have to rely on dealer stock.

That being said, I would get the guitar first- you might love the stock pickups. And if you don't, you'll know exactly what you want the new pickups to change about the tone of your guitar.

Plus if you add the cost of bareknuckles to your guitar budget you could maybe just get a better guitar.

1) yes, i found the dealer list. 2 stores in my country, and they dont even have half of them...
2) of course i'm getting the guitar first. in OP, i said 'already thinking about' (i think) so that is, that if i dont like the sound (enough), i already know what pickups i probably want, and i dont have a 1300 euro guitar at home for a month without the right sound.
3) if i add it up, i get around the price of the horizon, wich has emg 81/85 so.....

I contacted Bareknuckle: i mentioned my gear and what i want. They suggested some Aftermaths. Any opinions on that?
I emailed back asking what their opinion is about my first 2 choices: the ceramic nailbomb and the miracle man. should be getting an email back today or tomorrow.
4) Translate
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
If Tim suggests aftermaths, get aftermaths. He makes the pick-ups and knows what woods they combine best with to get certain tones, so he's the best person to advise you. Also, if you buy them direct from bareknuckle and you don't like them, you can swap them for something else within 28 days assuming you haven't cut any of the wire.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I'm getting an alnice nailbomb in my s5470's bridge simply because it's the most versatile high gain pickup they offer, and i love the clips i've heared of it so far:p
In the neck a cold sweat is an awesome choice for full sounding leads and shredding, with also nice cleans
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Quote by bartnijman

1) yes, i found the dealer list. 2 stores in my country, and they dont even have half of them...
2) of course i'm getting the guitar first. in OP, i said 'already thinking about' (i think) so that is, that if i dont like the sound (enough), i already know what pickups i probably want, and i dont have a 1300 euro guitar at home for a month without the right sound.
3) if i add it up, i get around the price of the horizon, wich has emg 81/85 so.....

I contacted Bareknuckle: i mentioned my gear and what i want. They suggested some Aftermaths. Any opinions on that?
I emailed back asking what their opinion is about my first 2 choices: the ceramic nailbomb and the miracle man. should be getting an email back today or tomorrow.

ah ok, just it sounded like you were buying the pickups first. that's fair enough.

yeah i mean maybe the price of the bkps wouldn't really up your budget much, i was just thinking it might get you into range of things like vigier... though they'll have either duncans or dimarzios (or emgs) too, so they'd need to be swapped too if you prefer BKPs... can get into a vicious cycle of upping your budget if you're not careful, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bartnijman

Going off just that, Warpig. The Painkiller will be way to bright and punchy for you, and has an exceptionally tight low end.

EDIT: The Aftermath would actually be an excellent choice actually. Better than the Warpig.
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Mar 21, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
Going off just that, Warpig. The Painkiller will be way to bright and punchy for you, and has an exceptionally tight low end.

EDIT: The Aftermath would actually be an excellent choice actually. Better than the Warpig.

Same with the nailbomb actually xD
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Tim said Aftermath, and he gives the best advice so it will probably be the Aftermaths.

Oh, and I also asked what gear they used to make these clips, and it is gear from the gods:
- A Custom Made Les Paul (didnt tell me what brand -> maybe they made their own?). If it is from any good guitar brand, it will be costing like 5-8 thousand USD?
- The best 'Amp' ever: the Axe FX Ultra, 2300 USD, used by Steve Vai and Chris Broderick, and is the ultimate amp and fx collection ever.

So yeah, a custom made LP with BKP and the axe fx ultra: 10000 Dollars of godness...
4) Translate
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
I think their LP for their humbucker demos is a Feline Les Paul. Feline does a lot of work with BKP and the main builder is on the BKP forums all the time.

It's funny that they use an Axe FX though. You would think that a company like Bare Knuckle which puts so much focus on vintage-correct things and doing everything by hand would object to digital modelling. Okay the Axe FX is way better than your regular Spider III but it's still not an actual tube amp. Also it's kind of cheating. With an Axe FX you can tweak every part of your sound, you could run cheap pickups through it and still get a good tone with enough tweaking. It's a completely stupid choice for a pickup maker to use for demos. I would have thought they'd use a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or a Mesa Road King, something like that.
Quote by grohl1987
I think their LP for their humbucker demos is a Feline Les Paul. Feline does a lot of work with BKP and the main builder is on the BKP forums all the time.

It's funny that they use an Axe FX though. You would think that a company like Bare Knuckle which puts so much focus on vintage-correct things and doing everything by hand would object to digital modelling. Okay the Axe FX is way better than your regular Spider III but it's still not an actual tube amp. Also it's kind of cheating. With an Axe FX you can tweak every part of your sound, you could run cheap pickups through it and still get a good tone with enough tweaking. It's a completely stupid choice for a pickup maker to use for demos. I would have thought they'd use a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or a Mesa Road King, something like that.

Yeah, I agree, a Fender Twin Reverb for the clean and bluesy stuff, and say a Famous Cobra for the modern metal and possibly a Marshall JCM 2000 for the hair metal stuff.

Axe FX, ha, I laugh at modeler stuff for tone testing pickups.
i agree too. why use something that can make everything sound good (or even the same 0.o)
4) Translate
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
OMG PEOPLE I FORGOT SOMETHING!!!

The Ibanez S5470 also has a middle pickup. Should I/Do I have to replace that too? I read somewhere that BKP claimed that their pickups go well with most other brand pickups, but you never know...

Let's say I do want to replace that middle pickup, wich one would I have to get (I will ask Tim if I don't figure it out)? Remember: the humbuckers will be Aftermaths.
4) Translate
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
I just checked their site, and they have 2 'heavy metal' single coils: the sinner and the trilogy suite. Wich would fit best with the aftermaths in a strat style mahogany body with flame maple top with 5 pc maple/walnut neck?
4) Translate
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
Quote by bartnijman
I just checked their site, and they have 2 'heavy metal' single coils: the sinner and the trilogy suite. Wich would fit best with the aftermaths in a strat style mahogany body with flame maple top with 5 pc maple/walnut neck?

The trilogy suite is an awesome choice if you want it to be high output but still have some of that strat feeling.
My gear:

Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5