Most major chain stores/restaurants these days have scrapped the old paper applications for new systems where you can fill out your application online. But do they actually work? I must've sent out a couple dozen of them in the last few months and have never heard back from any of them. I'm starting to think they just end up in a junk mail folder somewhere and that nobody ever looks at them.

Opinions on online applications? Do you prefer paper applications or online?
And has anyone ever gotten a job from an online application?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
You gotta call them after, but i do agree with you that they mean jack, even when you do call and paper apps are sooo much better because you usually dont have to take a stupid 100 question test.
My current job had an online application, so they clearly do work in some cases.

In fact I applied and got a call the next day.
i hate them without a social security number most of them lock you out of the website(or at least all that ive done)
I have my current job 'cause of an online application. Apparently calling to follow up isn't proper etiquette, but I don't see why it hurts to follow-up after maybe a week or so of not hearing anything.
My name is Matt. Love me.
online applications are useless. i recently applied for a job at mcdonalds (i'm skint, not retarded) and i actually got an email saying i had been unsuccessful. considering i have a degree, can speak english fluently and dont have severe acne. they had no reason not to at least give me an interview. ridiculous!
The application is just paperwork for them. All they care is that it's filled out right and your qualifications. You gotta call the bastards up and say "Oi! Give me an interview!" or they won't do shit.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I have an interview on Tuesday thanks to online applications. I love them now.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by beatreebor
online applications are useless. i recently applied for a job at mcdonalds (i'm skint, not retarded) and i actually got an email saying i had been unsuccessful. considering i have a degree, can speak english fluently and dont have severe acne. they had no reason not to at least give me an interview. ridiculous!

Probably a whole bunch of people applying for that job. Your english, acne and degree don't really matter for someone working at McDonalds so they're not important for the employer.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Originally Posted by Kensai
Probably a whole bunch of people applying for that job. Your english, acne and degree don't really matter for someone working at McDonalds so they're not important for the employer.

This is true in most cases, though the job was still on their site for another 2 weeks after i applied. I blame those daft personality quizzes.
Quote by beatreebor

To be fair, your degree is probably hurting more than helping in that case. My friend got rejected for a job because he has a degree. They said they won't hire someone with a degree because they'd have to pay them more.

There's definitely such a thing as being "over qualified."
Quote by beatreebor
This is true in most cases, though the job was still on their site for another 2 weeks after i applied. I blame those daft personality quizzes.

Personality quizzes? Never seen them

But yeah they keep the application up for a while to get many applicants. Even if they found someone awesome I dont think they take it down, it's usually a set time (eg 2 weeks).
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i was told i wasnt suitable for working at burger king, that was quite depressing/annoying considereing the only skills you need to work in fast food are; the ability to speak english, being able to do simple maths and be a bit charismatic. for the record im studying a degree in programming (meaning i can do quite complex maths) i have A* in GCSE english (and i know german quite fluently) and ive been in a band and performed live (if thats not charismatic to some degree, i dont know what is)
its especially annoying when i actually go to these places to find the most brain dead people in the world working there, who have to call the manager every 5 minutes
/rant
just incase anyone here does work in fast food, im not saying your all retarded , i just seem to find that a lot
Hi, my name is Forrest and i play the Gee-tar

Current Equipment
Vintage V300 acoustic
Squier Bullet Strat
Fender FM 212R Amp
Vintage Les Paul

Next Guitar/Amp
none....... YET
I ALSO PRODUCE CRAPPY MUSIC
Twitter?
I've had a couple of interviews from online applications. I've even got an interview through Facebook once.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I've gotten like 3 jobs from filling out online applications. Though they were't regular jobs.