Yup, its another one of these damn threads.

Anywho-dles, my guitar I use right now (ESP LTD AX-360) is slowly dying. It ended up meeting the bad side of the trunk door on my car as it was getting closed (hit the head of the guitar) which caused considerable damage to it. That happened a while back, but its slowly dying. Fretboard is becoming more peeled, fret buzz, nut is only held on by the strings; so I figure its time for something new.

I've really been looking only at ESP and Ibanez cause that's all I've really been comfortable playing. I'm looking for something between $600/$700 to $1000 (maybe a little higher but not too much). Besides the price range and brands the only real requirement is that IT MUST NOT HAVE A F***ING FLOYD ROSE BRIDGE, or any sort of floating bridge. Hate those damn things. If you do think that a guitar would be so awesome as to broaden my horizons, then feel free to recommend it; I'm no fanboy.

TLDR: My guitar (ESP LTD AX-360) is "dying" (by my hand).

Prefer ESP or Ibanez with 24 frets
$600-$1000 range (will go a tad bit higher, $1250 is pushin' it)
and NO DAMN FLOYD ROSE/floating crap bridge.

No preference to body type, but from what I hear the Les Paul type can be a bit difficult to hit the higher frets, which I'd rather avoid.

Videos would be sweet.

And if this helps: I'm playing a shit ton of Protest the Hero, but have been known to noodle to Killswitch Engage and All That Remains. Mainly PTH though.
Last edited by gssecretary1 at Mar 20, 2011,
if you like Ibanez and ESP you will definatly like Schecter. Shecter C-1 or blackjack depending on your pickup choice (EMG or Seymour duncan)
Quote by bass94
if you like Ibanez and ESP you will definatly like Schecter. Shecter C-1 or blackjack depending on your pickup choice (EMG or Seymour duncan)

I did try a Schecter while I was dickin' around at Guitar Center a while back, didn't seem to shabby either. Might give em a go again.
Quote by bass94

No he wont.

Suckters feel completely different to LTD/Ibanez.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
You could check out the ESP MH-1000 NT, awesome guitar. Does very well for PTH and ATR. I was looking around the Stockton Craigslist, and I found this too:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/2264084975.html

Looks absolutely ****ing awesome. Same pickup set as my MH (Seymour Duncan JB /'59 [n]), which again do very well for Protest which I too play a lot. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I were you, granted it plays and works well. Oh God I want this guitar now...*drool*

Actually, this one looks pretty nice too, and with similar electronics and finish.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/msg/2267004435.html
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Mar 20, 2011,