Hey guys, I was waring to know if anyone has compared these two pedals side by side and can tell me of any differences they've noticed in the pedals (tonal coloration, etc). I was thinking of checking out the Hardwire as an upgrade from the Bad Monkey, but I can't get to a store any time soon to do the comparison personally. I like the Bad Monkey as a "boost", I feel that it colors the amp in a less noticeable and more pleasant manner than the TubeScreamer. Does the Hardwire retain that almost organic effect, or does it color the tone less/more? Opinions/thoughts welcome and very much appreciated!
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Ive got the CM-2 and I really like it. I haven't compared it to the Bad Monkey, but it is really a great pedal. Lots of variety in the tones, and it is pretty organic sounding imo. The Classic/Modified switch is a great feature too.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Just wanted to say, your Avvy is the shiz.

Current Gear:

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
I have tried both and I like CM-2 better (I play Classic Rock like Boston, BTO, The Who, and Floyd).
Is the CM-2 worth the extra money to be used as a boost?

Current Gear:

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Quote by Butthead
Is the CM-2 worth the extra money to be used as a boost?

no if you are just using it for a boost then there are way cheaper options that would work just as well. really no point in getting one if you don't want the extra features it offers.

OP i played both and preferred the CM-2 but that is becasue i liked having the extra features.
The CM-2 isn't as good as the Bad Monkey as a boost. The Hardwire is a better OD, just not a better boost. Hope that makes sense.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X