Is there a significant difference between the Japanese and Taiwanese version of the pedal? I'm probably going to pick one up tomorrow, but I don't know which version it is. If it's not MIJ, should I bother? The only reason I want it is for Bloodbath (and any other misc. death metal) tone, because I know that this pedal is one of (if not the) biggest parts of it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
IIRC There isn't a huge difference, if any
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
It was pretty off. I'm aiming for Nightmares Made Flesh and Unblessing the Purity. I know in the studio they run an HM-2 into a JCM2000.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I have both and side-by-side there is very little difference and I lend the difference to manufacturing spec differences in the pots. A little tweak of the MIT's tone knobs and they sound exactly the same.
Quote by Griffin Effects
I have both and side-by-side there is very little difference and I lend the difference to manufacturing spec differences in the pots. A little tweak of the MIT's tone knobs and they sound exactly the same.

That's cool. Unfortunately it didn't work out ( ), but at least now I know for the future if I ever see one again.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X